Cards For Sale

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sweet Sunday.....Congratulations




Happy Sunday peeps!! 


Here is our Sweet Sketch for this week:


I was inspired by my sweet friend Wendy Jansen at It's All About Stamping to pull out this sweet little single stamp from Stampin Up called "Two by Two" she had posted a card she made with earlier this week and it made me want to give one a try. I have had this stamp for a long time and have not made anything with it, I have tried to color it a time or two but never liked my results, but I was determined this time.

My first thoughts was to make a sweet little baby girl card, my best friends daughter is expecting and they find out next week what she is having and I wanted to have both a girl and boy card in my stash so I could send the appropriate one when they find the out the sex. I have a baby boy card already but when I was coloring and then matching paper I realized this card was just going to have to be for a boy. 

I stamped and colored the image twice so I could cut out the animals and add them over the top of the the bottom image with some dimensionals. I used my copics to color the image. 

Here is a close up of the little animals:

Aren't they sweet?
The DSP on here comes from the Sycamore Street paper pack which was a freebie during SAB. Love the colors in these papers.

The base of the card is Island Indigo and then a layer of Pool Party and then the DSP.
I changed the sketch just a bit by making my center strip with the "flag" end instead of going all the way across the bottom. That strip is tangerine tango card stock that I embossed with "Chevron" EF.


The sentiment is part of the single stamp I just stamped onto a scrap of white and cut out and added across the bottom of the circle.
I finished this off with two small silver brads.

Be sure and check out what the rest of the team has made with this sweet sketch:


and this week's Sweet Guest Stamper:

Thanks for stopping by today and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki





20 comments:

Lesley said...

Your colouring is AMAZING! WOW Vicki, such a cute card!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous. I'm sure she will love the card no matter if she has a boy or a girl.

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, Vicki, what an amazing job you did coloring your image. Truly beautiful, and I love the brightly colored DSP.

Karen Giron said...

Ooooh! Your persistence has paid off, my friend! I love the way your colored this sweet ark and the papers are so delish with it! Love the embossing on the flag too!

Karen Motz said...

This is soooooooo sweet! I love all the dimension from cutting out the animals and popping them on foam tape. It's fabulous!

Karen Motz said...

This is soooooooo sweet! I love all the dimension from cutting out the animals and popping them on foam tape. It's fabulous!

Karen Motz said...

This is soooooooo sweet! I love all the dimension from cutting out the animals and popping them on foam tape. It's fabulous!

Carol L said...

Great coloring on that fun ark image! Cute card.

Marisa said...

Way to go with the colouring, Vicki! Love that image and fun papers too. Great baby card indeed :)

Jenny Engelke said...

Really, really amazing, Vicki! It's evident there was a lot of work that went into this card!!!

Wendy Janson said...

This is an adorable card and you did a fabulous job of coloring it! Someone told me you mentioned me in your post. That's so very sweet of you, Vicki! I sure miss spending more time viewing and posting cards. I just can't do it right now. But again (as always) you made a wonderful card and thanks for being so kind :)

Tracy said...

O*M*G Vicki!!!! This is amazing. I absolutely LOVE this!! The color combo is fabulous and I adore how you propped up the images.

Karen Day said...

Absolutely adorable, Vicki!! Your colouring is amazing, and I love the popped up animals :o)

Lori said...

This is so sweet! Love how you colored the image.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh! This is so stinkin' cute! Love the popped up animals!

Jenny said...

Oh my Gosh!!!! I SO ADORE this!! I think I might have to CASE this one for sure!

Lynn Put said...

This is darling Vicki! Your coloring just brings this image to life and I love the designer papers you paired it with!

Dana White said...

Vicki this is fabulous I love how you coloured the image 2x then added dimension to the card. This is so sweet

Denise Willerton said...

Vicki, what a beautiful baby card! Love your colouring along with the DSP! OMGoodness!!! I LOVE it!!! I'm feeling a CASE ... TFS and have a wonderful day!

Ruth G said...

I love how you added dimension to the animals! You paper choices are perfect, too! Thanks so much for sharing!