Cards For Sale

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

SUO challenge......Happy Birthday


Happy Hump Day Peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the challenge this week at the SU-Only Challenge Blog.

The challenge is Black and White with a pop of color.

I pulled out my new Flourish thinlits to make my card. I love these thinlits, they die cut so easily and come out of the dies perfectly, I only used my magnetic platform and the acrylic plates and card stock slid right out with just a small poke of a few of the holes on the back of the die.

I added the flourish to my white piece with a bit of glue.

I used the Botanical Builder dies for my Melon Mambo flowers, the bigger flowers on here are added to the flourish with dimensionals and the two smaller ones are glued directly to the flourish.


The sentiment is from the Rose wonder stamp set.

I went a bit overboard with my rhinestones, just cos, but I love them!!! :)

I added a very small stripe of DSP down the edge of the card for some added interest.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Vicki




7 comments:

Wendy said...

So pretty, Vicki! Love the colors and that beautiful flourish! :)

Gerry said...

Vicki, this is so pretty!! You can never go wrong with black & white with a pop of color. I love the strip dp on the edge.

Julia said...

What a great idea using these flowers on the flourish. So glad you joined the fun at SUO!

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Lovely card! Your Melon Mambo flowers really make your card pop. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

Connie Babbert said...

Wowzers! Love the flowers on the fleur background! So pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Black & White with a POP of color challenge on SUO Challenges this time!

Mary Brown said...

What a simply delightful card Vicki! Love your pretty pink flowers on the black flourish and those rhinestones are just the perfect sparkle! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

Julie Gearinger said...

This is so pretty! Love the use of the new framelits with your beautiful pop of color on the flowers :-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!