Cards For Sale

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Freshly Made Sketch......Birthday Wishes


Happy Thursday Peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches.


Cute sketch and I went clean and simple. I find myself gravitating to this type of card style lately. I have less time to stamp when I sit down at my desk and I am finding this style comes together quicker for my limited time frames.

I started off with a base of Flirty Flamingo card stock.
I made my tag from some thick whisper white and embossed with the Lucky Stars EF.

I then stamped up my cupcake using my new fun Stampin Up set called  Sweet Cupcake.
For the frosting layer I used Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride and Flirty Flamingo inks.

For the Bottom piece I used Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip inks.

I then used the matching framelits to die cut out the cupcake pieces. These two pieces are added to my tag piece using dimensionals. I did add some silver thread coiled up before adding the cupcake.
I used my wink of stella pen on the frosting portion of the cupcake.


The sentiment is from the Build a Birthday stamp set and is embossed with white embossing powder on basic black card stock.
I finished up with a few white enamel dots and a bit of silver cording on the top of the tag.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Vicki



5 comments:

Wendy said...

Super cute cupcake card, Vicki! Love your clean & simple card with the tag and that yummy cupcake! Fabulous birthday card! Love & miss you!

Unknown said...

Vicki, I love your embossed tag!! And the cupcake looks good enough to eat! It looks soooo yummy in Flirty Flamingo!! Thanks for playing along with FMS this week!

Amy O said...

I love that pretty pink cupcake! You have done a beautiful job of layering the colors. It's always a joy to see one of your cards in our gallery at FMS, Vicki!

Jen Timko said...

Such a sweet little cupcake! Perfect in the Flamingo color and your banner is a great touch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Unknown said...

lovely cupcake simple finish, wonderful birthday wishes best design card..