Cards For Sale

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another Wonderful Sketch Card



Good Thursday morning Peeps!!! Hope you all are having a great week so far. I want to send a shout out to my friend Lois, hope you are feeling better soon girly!!!!

Today's card is made with this weeks sketch on splitcoast. I started my card out with a base of baja breeze. I used the Walk in the Park DS paper and basic gray for matting all my layers. I changed things up a bit by stamping my sentiment directly onto the designer paper. I used cameo coral and basic gray ink to stamp the sentiment and yes, I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line it all up.

I used the stamp set Great Friend and Wonderful Favorites, it was still out on my stamp table, to make the card. I stamped the butterfly and leaf from the Great Friend set onto some scrap whisper white and cut them both out.

The main image/sentiment panel is up on dimensionals and has a small strip on cameo coral cardstock at the end that was punched with the lace edge punch. The butterfly has two silver brads in the middle and is attached to the card with a couple of glue dots. I then slipped the leaf under the butterfly and glued it down.

Well, that is two wonderful friend cards in a row, guess I should put that set away and pull something else out. I am expecting some of my new sneak peek goodies next week, can't hardly wait!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

6 comments:

carol h said...

Very pretty. I'm so sad :( won't get to see you guys till next week. we'll make up for it, though. Your card is great. good idea to stamp directly on DSP TFS

Lois said...

another awesome card. See you soon.

Jaspere said...

Fantastic as always. Love the butterfly you added for just the right dimension.

Jacquel said...

Gorgeous card and love the sketch Vicki! awesome, awesome work!!!

Sara said...

Very pretty, love how you did the butterfly

Dawn Easton said...

Love all the layers of different designer papers! So pretty Vicki! Sorry I'm playing catch up tonight! LOL...but I HAD to see what you have been up to girl!