Cards For Sale

Monday, July 18, 2016

Messy Watercoloring for The Paper Players


Happy Monday peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the challenge this week at The Paper Players.


The challenge is to use some watercolor on your project. I decide to messily free form a few watercolored flowers and then use the Swirly flower from the Stampin Up Swirly Bird dies to make my card.

I started with a piece of watercolor paper and then die cut my flowers and my leaves, which come form the Rose Wonder dies
I laid them out n the middle of my water color paper to get a general idea of where I wanted to put my colors. I then just messily laid down my colors, I used Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango for the flower circles. The leaves are Wild Wasabi and the blue BG is some very watered down Pacific Point.


The "thanks" is one of the dies I ordered online a while back. 
I die cut it twice using Basic Black card stock and layered them together.
I added a few little sequins to finish it up.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Vicki



6 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous girl!!! I'm going to have to CASE this!!! It's wonderful!!!

Wendy said...

Beautiful as always! Love the watercolored background and those Swirly Bird flowers! Have a great day! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, I LOVE your card and the fabulous colors! What a beautiful card, and I love how you've used the dies! And what a beautiful color-wash background along with the sequins and striking black "thanks" die! Beautifully done, sweet friend! Hugs!

Colleen Begley said...

Wow, Vicki this is nice. Love the look a lot! Thanks for joining the water color challenge this week at the Paper Players.

Nance Leedy said...

This is gorgeous, Vicki! I am in awe that you could layout your watercoloring so perfectly for the bouquet. Love the swirly flowers over the watercolor background and great color selection. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Hannelie said...

Vicki this looks amazing!
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!