Cards For Sale

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches........Hello


Happy Thursday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch this week on


I pulled out a fave set, Stippled Blossoms, sadly this set is on the retiring list. Sorry to see it go, but I am hoping the new catalog will have a lot of new sets that I love, fingers crossed.
Yesterday Hubby and I spent some time going to some flea markets, which always gets my primitive bone fired up! 
This time I was looking for garden inspiration, things to use and repurpose in my new flower garden that I am doing this year.
I have several ideas, we will see if my vision works out like I am hoping. 
Anyway when I sit down to make my card I had gardening on my mind and my love for primitive as well
I wanted to make something to echo those thoughts.
Woodgrain Background and roses, what could be better?


The woodgrain BG is stamped on Crumb Cake card stock with Crumb Cake ink, I believe, This is a piece I had stamped when I had my friends BG stamp here, so that was easy.
The flowers are Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral ink, the leaves are Pear Pizzazz and Wild Wasabi.
I attached the flowers to a white piece with some foam tape and then tucked the leaves around here and there. I matted this piece with some Early Espresso card stock.
My strips across the bottom are two sizes of more Early Espresso card stock,
I stamped the "hello" sentiment with versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.
The sentiment is from the Hello December stamp set and I just masked off the December portion.
I finished it off with a few enamel dots.
Thanks for coming by today.

Vicki





4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Vicki, this is so beautiful! I do love the rustic feel to this card with your gorgeous flowers! Totally love the colors you've used and am SO sorry to hear it's being retired. Yes, I agree - hope there will be some new beautiful flowers in the new catalog! I always love your style, dear friend, and it sounds like you are having fun planning your garden as the weather is now improving! Hugs!

Lisa H. said...

Soooo pretty. Those flowers are really stunning. I love the simple sweet greeting.

Jen Brum said...

Such a beautiful card Vicki! I love those flowers! I can't believe they're being retired! I love the colours you've chosen! Looks great against the wood grain background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous flowers....and perfect with the woodgrain background! O glad you shared it at FMS!