Cards For Sale

Friday, April 24, 2015

Just Add Ink......Baby Bee


Happy Friday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card with you that I made using the sketch this week at Just Add Ink.


I am using another new stamp, new to me anyway, it is a single stamp called Baby Bumble Bee.
It is adorable! I will be needing a baby card soon, my niece is expecting and we just found out earlier this month that it is a boy.
I have been busy sewing up her some receiving blankets, I have 6 done so far and I think this card will go with them to her sometime soon.

The base of the card I Lost Lagoon card stock and then a layer of white.
The gingham DSP is from a retired pack, can't remember the name at the moment. 
For the next layer I used white and another piece of Lost Lagoon card stock that I embossed with the honeycomb EF.


The main image is stamped onto white card stock with black stazon. I used my aqua painter and Lost Lagoon ink pad to color up the little bees stripes. I used some blush blossom and just a tad bit or red for the baby's face. I added a bit of smoky slate to the wings.
The center flag piece is made with some vellum,
The sentiment is from another retired stamp set called Short & Sweet. The little stars comes from the In Colors Sequin Assortment. I glued them on with some Multi Medium and then add a tiny pearl to the centers.
Thanks for stopping by today

Vicki


5 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is a delightful card, Vicki! Gorgeous colour choices, and the stars are the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink!

Jan said...

This is such a sweet baby card Vicki! Your little bee is so beautifully coloured and I I love your mixture of vellum and gingham DSP too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Love this little baby bee card, such a good use of the sketch.

Thanks for playing with us at Just Add Ink.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Shona Chambers said...

What an absolute cutie that bee is!! And he looks extra sweet in the pale blue. Such a gorgeous card and brilliant use of the sketch. Especially love the embossing on the panel behind the bee. Fabulous card and I'm so glad you joined us at Just Add Ink!

KimB said...

An absolutely delightful baby card Vicki. You've tied in some many diverse elements but they work wonderfully together! Love the star sequins especially! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.