Cards For Sale

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sweet Sunday.....Thank you




Happy Sunday Peeps!!


Here is the sweet sketch Karen has for us this week
Designed by our own Barb Anders:


I was happy to get a small order on Friday from Stampin Up with this sweet single stamp called
Love is Kindness. I knew it was perfect for this sketch.

I started by stamping the image, minus the sentiment several times onto some Confetti Cream card stock. (I knew I wanted to layer up this image). I colored the flower heads with Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral using my water brush.
The leaves and stems are colored with Old Olive and I used Crumb cake on the paper around the stems and also for shading around the image.



The base of the card is Confetti Cream card stock followed by Basic Black and then a piece of DSP from the Typeset Specialty paper pack. I matted the image with black and coral and used another piece of coral for the slanted piece behind the main image.

The sentiment is from the SAB Lotus Blossom set. I used my 1 inch and 1-1/4 inch punches.
The image is added to the card base with dimensionals. I then cut out some of the tulip heads and added them over the main image with more dimensionals. I also cut and extra piece of the paper wrap and added that over the base with dimensionals as well. I then went back into the image and added a bit of white with my chalk pen. I added several small pearls around the image and in the top corner of the image panel.


Now let's see what the rest of the girls did with this fun little sketch:


Thanks for stopping by today

Vicki

18 comments:

Patrice said...

Vicki this is adorable. Such lovely colouring too.

Lyn said...

Gorgeous card and the layering really makes those beautiful flowers pop

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love the paper wrapped flowers with the text background, lovely colors!

Lynn Put said...

This is very pretty! I like the dimension of the popped up flowers and the soft watercolor look.

Tracy said...

Vicki this is gorgeous and I love the pop of black. I especially love how you layered the flowers. And the pearls are just the perfect touch. :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, I love this darling image, and it is perfect for the sketch! I love the soft colors and how you've popped it up with several layers! Beautiful coloring, sweet friend! Hugs!

Lisa H. said...

Vicki! I love this so much. Beautifully colored and I love the newspaper print.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! I love the black and white and pop of color! Just perfection!

Marisa said...

Ahhh, my favorite flower in stamp form :) Love the newsprint wrap and lovely coloru combo you used. You always rock the flower cards, Vicki :)

Gisela said...

Vicki love this card! This was my first pick, you did a great job with the colors and the background DP.

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Your watercoloring is fabulous. Love the paper piecing and all of the dimension!

Dana White said...

Vicki your card is stunning. What a beautiful image. The water colouring is perfection. And the vase. Brilliant.

Evelyn S. said...

I spotted this card on Pinterest....what a beauty! I've signed on to follow your blog...and am looking forward to your posts.

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh, the detail you've put into this card! Very pretty!!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so pretty, I love it.

Jodi Collins said...

Vicki! This is SO gorgeous! I LOVE the colors and papers on this, and your coloring is AMAZING! LOVE those tiny little pearls in the corner too...they add the perfect touch!

stampwithsandy said...

So, so pretty!

Basement Stamper said...

stunning card, love how you have popped up those tulips on here and the black makes everything stand out so well.