Cards For Sale

Thursday, January 15, 2015

FMS......Birthday Wishes


Hello Peeps!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the Freshly Made Sketch.


I love this sketch and I thought I would use another new set from Stampin Up called Indescribable Gift.
I decided I would use the flower as part of the elements in the sketch.
I stamped the flower a few times onto some white card stock using Black Stazon ink.
I colored using my water brush and ink pads, I used Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral and Wild Wasabi ink along with just a bit of Chocolate Chip.


The base of my card is white card stock and then I used another piece of white and cut out a circle and then embossed with my dot EF.
I added one of the stamped and colored flower behind the circle cutout, centering it to get the largest flowers where I wanted them.
I then fussy cut out all the flowers and leaf sections again to add to the main image using dimensionals. I brought the buds and leaves out over the top of the circle.
I cut my scallop edges using one of the dies in the Adorning Edges and added them to the side of my embossed piece.
I then added this piece to the card front using some foam tape.
The small sentiment flag is from the retired Occasional Quotes  stamp set.
This card was a bit time consuming, but I really enjoyed the coloring and layering together..
This is such a beautiful stamp for coloring!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki



9 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Vicki! I love how the flowers are peeking out of the circle!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki! This is absolutely gorgeous, and I love how you've so beautifully colored these wonderful new blossoms! And I love the colors you chose! I can't wait to get this set! I love your take on the sketch and how elegantly the flowers "peek" out from the circle, as Sandy above said! Totally one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing this beauty, sweet friend! Warm hugs1

vickie said...

Another awesome job! Will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

Patricia said...

What a beautiful way to use this sketch! I had not noticed that stamp set. Must go back to the catalog and look again! You've accomplished such lovely soft colors!

Marlene said...

Wow! What a great idea and the colors are lovely. Thanks for sharing

Amy O said...

You always make the most beautiful cards, Vicki! And your coloring always amazes me. It's always good to see one of your cards in the gallery. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Gisela said...

Love what you did with the flowers cascading out from the circle. Pretty card.

Jen Timko said...

Your coloring always just make me ooh and aah. This is yet another Vick stunner. Gorgeous work! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Connie Collins said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Vicki!