Cards For Sale

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sweet Sunday......You Float My Boat




Happy Sunday Peeps!!


Here is the sweet sketch Karen has for us this week:


I wanted to make a sweet little Valentine card and was going through some of my stuff and came across this MFT sailboat die I have had for awhile and have never used. I thought it would be perfect for this weeks sketch.
I first had to decide what DSP I wanted to use and I went to my new Stampin Up Stacked with Love pack and pulled out this pretty red stripe.
I love the red and crumb cake combo so that is what I decided to use for my card.
Tha base is Crumb cake card stock and then some Real Red and then the DSP.

The main panel is Real Red, Crumb Cake and White.


The boat is die cut with Crumb Cake and White. I die cut a Real Red circle to layer behind the boat.
The sentiment comes from my MFT  Pure Innocence Sailor stamp set.
I used my stamp positioner to line the sentiment horizontally.

I added a crumb cake little flag with a button and twine and then a few little hearts on the boat.
I think it turned out cute and I think hubby will like it too.


Now let's see what the rest of the girls did with this fun little sketch:


Thanks for stopping by today

Vicki

12 comments:

Lyn said...

Loving this <3

Karen Giron said...

This is just darling! I love the colors and the little hearts on the sail boat - how fun for Valentine's!

Barbara said...

I {heart} this! What a great idea for a Valentine!

Marisa said...

Adorable!!

Lynn Put said...

This is really sweet, Vicki! Love the cute boat with the billowy sails and fun details.

Jackie Pedro said...

Vicki, this is ADORABLE!!!

nanci said...

OMG just Adorable!!!!!

Dana White said...

Freaking adorable Vicki - what a fun card

Tracy said...

Vicki this is toooooo cute for words! I love this die. It's perfect for this fab sketch.

Georgiana said...

Great Valentine card! Love the colors and that boat is just darling.

Stampingcountry said...

Cute card! Lovely color combo.

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable! Works really well with this layout! Love the color combo as well!