Cards For Sale

Monday, January 19, 2015

Paper Players.......Love


Happy Monday Peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the challenge this week at The Paper Players.


Clean and Simple with the focus on the sentiment.

Not my usual style but I wanted to try. I decided to use some modeling paste on this card, which is popular right now and I had picked some up a few weeks back and had not opened.
I used the Stampin Up Hearts and stars Decorative Mask set to stencil on my hearts using the modeling paste. While still wet I sprinkled some extra fine glitter all over the hearts.
I then setit aside to dry while I made my diecut "love".

I used the retired Expressions thinlets and cut several loves from white card stock and then once using red glimmer paper.
I stacked up the white words gluing in between each layer and finished with the red glimmer paper.


You can see the height of the die cuts in this closeup and also get a glimpse of the modeling paste glittered hearts.

I then used a strip of DSP from the Stacked of Love pack and matted with someblack card stock that I embossed with a embossing strip, it is Stampin Up but I don't remember the name.
The red and black hearts are from a retired embosslit.


I think this fits the CAS with focus on the sentiment criteria perfectly.
Love how it turned out altho I did have to fight myself not to put any flowers on here...LOL!!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki








5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Nary a flower in sight and it is still perfectly LOVEly, Vicki! Fun creation, love all the elements you've got going here, but the glimmer paper is the BEST! Thanks for participating in my challenge this week at the Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

From the stacked sentiment to the hearts...this is one awesome card, Vicki! Clean and Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Wendy said...

Love your card, Vicki! Great job with the modeling paste! Love the design and your stacked up "love"! You need to send this to me now! LOL I love it! :)

Claire Broadwater said...

Vicki, I just love the modeling paste/ glitter background! Just fabulous! The stacked sentiment is so bold and perfect! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, seriously....I love everything about this card! So pretty! Wow! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players! :)