Cards For Sale

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

SplitCoast Color Challenge......Birthday Wishes


Happy Hump Day Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made yesterday using the Color Challenge this week on SplitCoastStampers.


Love this combo, Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry and Mossy Meadow.

I wanted to color so I pulled out this beautiful Stampin Up set called SweetBriar Rose, it is a single stamp and one of my favorites from this catalog.

I stamped with black stazon onto some Confetti Cream card stock.
I colored with my water brush using Rich Razzleberry and Blushing Bride for the flowers, I really like how these two colors look together when water colored.


Does this sketch look familiar to you?
 I used this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge again for my card. It is a great one for this large image.

I used the Petite Pairs stamp set for my sentiment and I added some dotting and shading around my image. One of the flowers is colored a second time, cut out and popped up for some dimesion.
I added some crystal gems to my flower centers.
I used two different embossing folders in the background, which was also the dessert option on the color challenge (dry embossing).

I am also linking this to the challenge this week at Seize the Birthday:


I opted out of the "toppings" option and just did a Birthday theme.


Well, that is all from me today. Thanks for stopping by!

Vicki






6 comments:

vickie said...

I absolutely love your creations! Thanks so much for sharing. Do you ever teach classes?

joeytipping said...

Vicki, you did a beautiful job coloring those roses...it's also one of my favourite stamps. I love those little dots too put on there...so sweet. Love your work. Wishing you a wonderful New Year.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Love those beautiful flowers....so beautifully colored! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Nancy said...

STUNNING!!! Honestly Vicki! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!!

Hannelie said...

Your coloring looks fantastic!
Thanks for joining us at Seize the birthday!

shirley-bee said...

This is such a pretty card - I love the soft shading around the image. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)