Cards For Sale

Monday, November 5, 2012

SUO....Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Monday Peeps!!

Today's card was made using the challenge this week on the SU-Only Challenges Blog, which is Elegant Autumn.
You all know how much I love to make punched pumpkins at this time of the year and so I decided to try and make an "elegant" card using one. I started with a base of the Stampin Up Early Espresso Core'dinations     card stock. The next layer is very vanilla and then another layer of the early espresso core'dinations card stock that I embossed with the Lacy Brocade EF and then sanded with the SU sanding block. Love the look, so pretty and so vintage looking.
I then die cut with the lattice die and  more very vanilla card stock the lattice piece. It is attached to the base with some dimesionals, cut down to fir under the strips of the lattice.


The leaves are from the Stampin Up French Foliage stamp set. I stamped with early espresso ink onto some so saffron card stock and then cut them out with my paper snips. I then sponged the leaves with pumpkin pie, cajun craze and riding hood red ink. 
The pumpkin is made using the wide oval punch and the edges of  them are sponged with cajun craze ink.
The little sunflower is made with one of the flowers from the Boho Blossom punch and the center is the small circle that comes in the Itty Bitty Punch pack.
I hand cut the stem and the leaves are from the bird punch. I then curled a small strip of card stock around my piercing tool for the curl.
The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. I hand cut the "v" shape in the ends and curled it a bit before adding it to the pumpkin.

Also linking this up to Pink Paper Bakery Challenge

Well, that is all from me today, Thanks for stopping by and 

HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Evelyn

CRDMKR said...

Great card with gret colors. Love the coloring of the leaves. Great card!

Dawn Easton said...

Wow, Vicki, this is gorgeous! So elegant! Your punched pumpkins always look fantastic!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Vicki! I'm in love with is card! It's absolutely gorgeous! I would love for you to share this on Pink Paper Bakery.
http://www.pinkpaperbakery.com/2012/11/card-cafe-week-15.html

Anonymous said...

Oh what a very happy and pretty card!!!! That pumpkin is darling!!!

Kitty A. said...

I love your punched pumpkins in all their varieties. It wouldn't be fall without them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Vicki!

Jen said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! The leaves look like you caught them falling from an oak tree in the park-so real! Thanks for linking up to the Pink Paper Bakery!

Jenny Wood said...

Saw this card on Pink Paper Bakery this morning. I live where the leaves don't change, so. california:( I miss the seasons. Absolutely beautiful card!

Heidi Baks said...

Waving hi, Vicki! This is gorgeous... I love the addition of the leaves behind the pumpkin. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Cindy said...

I think the sanded Lacy Brocade Core'dinations rockets this card right into the "Elegant" category! And your punched pumpkin with the curled tendril is adorable. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges this week!

Mary Brown said...

WOW Vicki...this is absolutely STUNNING!! LOVE all the texture...GORGEOUS!! Thanks for playing with us for the SUO Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

LOVE the lattice behind the pumpkin. Definitely inspires autumn elegance. Awesome! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

Alicia Motyka said...

I LOVE this card Vicki! My favorite season is fall and your card captures the season perfectly. Thanks for sharing and thanks for including your card at Pink Paper Bakery.