Cards For Sale

Sunday, October 16, 2011

SSSC139.....Spooky


Good Morning Peeps!!!
It is Sunday which means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


What a fun sketch! I love the little banner element, you see these alot now days but I don't think I have done any, even though I do have the Stampin UP pennant punch!
 I am still on a Halloween kick and I couldn't let the month pass by without using my favorite "Greeting Card Kids" stamp set. I love to color these little kids!

I stamped the little Halloween Kid onto some white card stock with black stazon ink and used my aqua painter to color her. I knew I wanted to use the Frightful Sight DSP for this card so I used the colors in that paper for my image. The pumpkin is colored with Cajun Craze and the little witch is colored with old olive, basic gray and cherry cobbler.



The base of the card is Basic Black card stock and then some of the DSP. I made the banner using the punch a papers from the Frightful Sight paper pack. Easy Peasy. I used some bakers twine to hold my banner and add a couple of bows to the ends of the banner. The main image is matted with old olive and I added a bit of trim with basic black a border punch. The sentiment is from the Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set, but the little witch is really not very spooky at all.





I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

9 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Vicki, your colouring on this card is just lovely!!. Another fabulous card.

xx SJ

Karen Motz said...

This is too sweet to be spooky! It's totally adorable!

Karen Giron said...

This is so cute! I love the image and those scallopy pennants!

Dawn Easton said...

So sweet, Vicki! I have some banner dies but never seem to bring them out! Must try this sketch today! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynn Put said...

This is darling Vicki! Your coloring on this cute image looks great and I really like how you used a different pattern on each banner!

Steph said...

I love this!!! That is one of my favorite stamp set too. Beautifully done. I wish I could play along but we are still waiting to move. We were suppose to move 3 weeks ago and now we hear it may be another week or 2. Love all your work:)

Dana White said...

Vicki this is so cute - the banner is perfect & love the bows you used on the banner. What a sweet Thanksgiving card

Ana Carolina Little said...

Gorgeous card Vicky. I have lots of your cards in my favourite list at Splitcoast. Now I have your blog in my list, easier to follow your beautiful creations!!!.

Anne Marie Hile said...

I just love how you used the layout with the patterned papers. You know, I keep telling myself that I don't need that stamp set but it looks so stinkin' cute on this one, you may have just enabled me. ;) Always so inspiring to stop by and visit your work, Vicki. Thank you!