Cards For Sale

Saturday, October 15, 2011

OCC....Totally Transparent


Happy Saturday Peeps, 
It is time for another Our Creative Corner Challenge. 
This week our hostess is the fabulous Marjie Kemper  from She Who Stamps & Scraps. Her challenge for us is

Totally Transparent

Transparencies are so versatile!  You can find them in shapes small enough for journaling and large enough for full 12X12 scrapbook pages.  Whether you make cards or layouts, tags or art journals… you can easily include transparencies into your art.  They can be stamped, inked, painted, misted… the sky’s the limit. You can even run them through your printer and diecut them.   We hope you’ll join us this week showing how creative you can be using transparencies.

I haven't worked with transparencies very much and I think the only time I used them was to put behind  an opening in a box or two I have made. So I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with this challenge. I finally decided to take it easy on myself, since I have been having virtually NO mojo  lately, and decided to break out my pillow box die. I have had my die for well over a year and it was still in it package, I have never used it til now.
I cut out a couple of the boxes with my transparency sheet. Man, what a pain. the transparency sheets are hard to fold! It took a bit of scoring the fold lines to get the box to fold up and the curved lines were even harder, so much for taking it easy on myself. But I kept at it an got them together.


I decided to use the cute little owl from the Stampin Up "Warmest of Wishes" hostess set. Isn't he cute? I stamped him three times, once with black onto very vanilla and then again with black onto pumpkin pie and daffodil delight. I cut out his treat bag and his mask and added to the base. I punched him out using the owl punch. I punched out a 1-1/2 inch circle from some daffodil delight and sponged it heavily with pumpkin pie and cajun craze ink. I tied some 1/4 inch old olive grosgrain ribbon around the box and then added the owl with the moon to the box with some dimesionals.  I stamped the little "boo" onto some very vanilla and punched it out with the jewelry tag punch. and added it to the box under the edge of the ribbon using a bit of a dimensional. 



Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun  challenge. I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

15 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Your hard work was well worth it. These are adorable. The cutest little owl. Corn candy's my fav.

DawnKathleen said...

Too cure!!!! Thank you for all your inspiring creativity!

Marjie Kemper said...

Very cool! I'm glad my challenge was challenging. LOL! Love what you've done with this Vicki, especially all the stamping of the owl. All those layers make him very interesting and the tied on "Boo!" tag is precious.

Natalie said...

These are so adorable!! Thanks for sharing how you made those adorable owls. :)

Beth said...

These are really cute! The candy corn makes a great bg for the stamped owl :)

Marisa said...

You are working the owls lately, Vicki :) Cute project.

Kathy Martin said...

Yummy! So sweet! Cute owl...love his mask! :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my, Vicki, this is just too adorable! I love the acetate pillow box but that owl just steals the show. What a fun way to present a little Halloween goodie. I think your struggle was well worth it and I really can't see anything amiss with your mojo either!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh! How totally cute! LOVE that owl! hehe...that mask is so stinking cute!!

Tui Nathan said...

This is soo cool Vicki ... I love these cute little pillow boxes and that owl is very cool and oh so suave with his mask ... reminds me of Batman and his caped crusaders ... lol ... well done!!!

Sharon Wheet said...

what a totally cute idea! love the halloween owl, too!

Shannon Finch said...

What a cute project! Love this owl - I have this stamp and punch but have never used it - you've inspired me to pull it out and create some cute owl goodness!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Ooohh....these boxes are so sweet! Such a great way to use transparencies. Hope your week is going well so far!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, I'm coming trick or treating to your house if I can get one of these sweet treats in my bag! SO cute! Thanks for sharing the tips on making boxes with transparencies, too. The end result was so worth it! Hope your week is going great! Hugs! :)

Allison said...

These are so cute! I bought window sheets just to be able to make transparent pillow boxes!