Cards For Sale

Friday, October 14, 2011

Halloween Owl Treat Box


TGIF Peeps!!

I am so ready for the weekend! How about you?

Yesterday I had an idea to make a Halloween OWL treat box, using The Stampin Up fancy favor box die. 
Owls are so popular right now and I have seen them is so many versions, I just had to try my hand at making one.

I used basic black card stock for most of the OWL. I also used the Stampin Up Tasteful trim Die for the scallops on the front. The eyes are made from circle punches, 1-3/4 inch, 1-3/8 inch and 1 inch circles. I added glitter to the eyes and beak. I  sponged  whisper white craft ink onto the edges of the black pieces. I like this version, but also wanted to try a more colorful version:


I used some retired DSP and the silver glimmer paper. I also made the pupils a bit smaller using my 3/4 inch circle punch. I added a handle to both and used silver and black glimmer brads to attach it to the box.

So what do you think?  Do you like the all black owl or the all dressed up owl? 

Well, that is all from me for today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

6 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Ha! Girl you are BRILLIANT! Seriously! I think Chloe would LOVE to make these this weekend! What a fun project for her and I.
I like them both but there is something that keeps drawing me to the second one. I think it's those eyes! Almost scary/mean like....hehe!
Thanks for sharing! If we get a chance to make these, I'll share with you!!!

Marisa said...

These are amazing, Vicki!! Love the first one - reminds me of a great horned owl for some reason and the second one reminds me of an "angry bird" (darn game I'm addicted to LOL). Fabulous work on both!

Beth Robinson said...

what an amazing project....I love it....thanks so much for sharing!!!

sandy said...

Very clever of you!

rebecca said...

love it....I host a fund raiser called "Save our Hooters" it is my effort to stamp out breast cancer...I will totally use your idea in pink as the favours for the gals who attend...love your blog...thanks for sharing!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I absolutely love everything about this, Vicki! I'm a huge fan of anything "owl" and these are fantastic. I like them both, so I really can't pick a favorite, either. Haha! How do you come up with these great ideas? Wowza! :)