Cards For Sale

Monday, October 17, 2011

Haunted House Favor Box


Happy Monday peeps!

Today I am sharing a fun little "Haunted House" treat box I made using the Fancy Favor Box die from Stampin Up.
I was heavily inspired by THIS haunted house box on Cammie's blog. She used a Silhouette cut file for her haunted house and I cut my own using her picture as a guide. I wanted to use the Fancy Favor Box die and add the haunted house to the front so I cut a box using pumpkin pie card stock and measured the front panel to decide the width of my haunted house. 
I used basic black card stock for the base of the haunted house and the First Edititon DSP for the house front. I cut extra roofs and added them to the base with dimesionals. After that the fun begins, decorating the haunted house.


I used the scallop edge punch to add "shingles"  to the roof of the first floor of the house. The pumpkin pie colored gingerbread trim comes from the fancy favor box die, it is the piece that is left from the top of the die when it is cut out. I used the retired key tag punch to make the door and the window on the door is made with a very cut down small oval punch. I added a fence all around the box which is a MS punch. I sponged most of the black with some whisper white craft to make it show up better. 
The windows are hand cut and stamped with some images from the Stampin Up "Spooky Bingo Bits" stamp set. I  stamped and cut out a couple of ghost and a black cat. The "Happy Halloween"  is from the al a carte stamp called "Haunted Forest". The "Caution Enter If You Dare" is some K & Company adhesive strips. 
I hope you like my "Haunted House" Favor Box. I would love to offer you a template for the house that I drew but I do not know how to get it on my computer...LOL, I am computer challenged in that area. I have it here saved on a sheet of paper, for future use and would be thrilled to share, so if anyone can school me on the how to's I would be happy to share.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

17 comments:

Cindee Wilkinson said...

WOW! Over the top cut!

Christine Allen said...

I absolutely love this, and I hope you find how to share the template--I would love to make one of these for my sons teacher!

Laura Pinto-Nguyen said...

Super amazing project!!!

Marisa said...

You are smoking these 3D projects, Vicki! This is fabulous!!

Heather Klump said...

Excuse me while I mop off the drool from my keyboard... Vicki this IS OVER the TOP!!! AMAZING! I have to keep oogling all the details! Just Amazing girl! :)

Kris McIntosh said...

Absolutely sensational and true labour of love. All that cutting and sponging! Amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Beth said...

Wow! This is fantastic Vicki!!! What a fun Halloween project!

Monica Gale said...

Seriously? You are just to fabulously creative!! I am hoping you won't mind but I just have to pinch this idea and make one myself ASAP>
Love what you do you Vicky, and I am thankful for you sharing your talent. Hugs Monica xx

Karen Motz said...

This is SO amazing!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! Vicki...your creativity is amazing!! I can't believe you drew that haunted house yourself!!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Over the top cute!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh! You are so flippin' smart! Love that you handcut this house! You rock girl!!

Kerry Parkinson said...

Vicki this is outrageously fabulous! Love it to bits! Would sooooooo love to make one so the only thought I have to offer is that if your printer is also a scanner, you could scan your sheet of paper and save it as a jpeg or pdf file, then put that up for people to download. I hope that would work as I'd love to try one myself! TFS

dragonfly60 said...

Great stuff!! I love this and hope you figure out a way to post the template because I know my grandkids would love this. Thanks for the inspiration.
Irene L.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh. My. WORD!! This is absolutely fabulous, in every way! I was ga-ga for it when I saw it on SC and now i'm going to gush all over it again! Love all of the details you added. I would love to try to make this one. Hugs! :)

Carolyn King said...

TOTALLY fabulous!!! Awesome job!

Monika Davis said...

I love your haunted house box!
Monika Davis
monikastamp.wordpress.com

Teneale Williams said...

OMG I LOVE this, too cute for words.