Cards For Sale

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Line Up


Happy Hump Day Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a fun and easy Halloween Door Hanger. I saw one similar to this on Pintrest and wanted to try one of my own.

I started with blank 4 x 4 coasters.
 I made a Frankie, a Ghostie, a Jack-O-Lantern and the Count, Dracula that is!
These are alot of punches and some free had mouths.
The one I had seen had a spider instead of Dracula but I wanted to make Dracula.

I used old olive for Frankie, whisper white for the Ghost, Pumpkin Pie for Jack and some retired card stock for Dracula. The eyes are 1-1/4 inch circle and Frankie and Dracula have 3/4 inch black circle pupils.
The ghost mouth and the jack-o-lantern face I hand drew a template and then cut out.
I made Dracula's mouth by tracing around the edge of a top note die. I made his fangs from the star punch.
I sponges each square around the edges and sponged some cheeks onto each one too.
I sealed each one with some mod podge so they can hang on the exterior door, but for now they are hanging in the doorway between the living room and dining room, they look happy there. :)



I used some of the pumpkin pie 1-1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon to make the hanger/holder for the characters I just hot glued them to the ribbon and added a silver ring to the top
They are super simple and just plain fun for Halloween! Hope you like them!
Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

4 comments:

Marisa said...

That smiling ghost is the cutest :) Great way to use coasters - darling project.

Dawn Easton said...

Girl you are on a roll with all these 3D projects! I want to try them all....but where do I find the time!?! LOL!
I have soooooo many of those blank coasters....maybe Chloe can try this with a friend?!

Anne Marie Hile said...

The little rosy cheeks give these little guys so much personality! Love it! You are rocking the Halloween treats, indeed! :)

Christine Allen said...

I absolutely love this--almost as much as the haunted house treat holder!! I think I may have the 3rd Graders make one of these as their Halloween craft. Thanks for the great ideas