Cards For Sale

Sunday, October 9, 2011

SSSC138......Wicked Halloween



Good Morning Peeps!!!
It is Sunday which means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


This was toughie!!!
 I almost didn't even get one done! I started out mid week on my card, when I got prompted by some other over achievers on the sketch team,  :) I got the base and BG done but really didn't know for sure what I wanted to do for the main image panel, so I just put it aside til later. I got back to it yesterday afternoon and tried a few different things before settling on what you see.

 I used the DSP from the "Pick Your Poison" paper pack on the BG and for the main panel. I stamped directly onto some of the DSP.  I used the Stampin Up "Out On A Limb" stamp set. I stamped the "Limb" a few times to make the tree. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to add the bats, using just two instead of the three that are on the stamp.
I punched a 1-1/4 inch circle into a scrap piece of card stock and used that to make my moon. I sponged peach parfait, pumpkin pie and tangerine tango ink into the circle.


I added some pumpkin pie satin ribbon and silver pearls for my accents. The strip across the middle is made up a piece from the Pick your Poison Quick Accents and I added a black scallop piece. The sentiment is from the Stampin Up "Wicked Cool" stamp set and is stamped with black stazon onto the DSP and punched out with the 1'1/4 inch circle punch and I matted with a 1-3/8 inch circle punch of black.


I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

14 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This is wicked Vicki! Love the main image panel!!

Dawn Easton said...

Brilliant, Vicki! You made a fantastic card! Love that moon you added! FUN!

Kristi said...

The way you made your tree? Genius! Beautiful card and I can't wait to try my hand at that sketch now!

Marisa said...

Well done creating your tree! Great idea and it looks great. As for the multi-panelled BG, better you than me LOL! Have a great day :)

Beth said...

This is such a creative card for Halloween Vicki! I really like how you stamped the bats upside down hanging off the branch!

Marjie Kemper said...

Totally fabulous! Love the silvery bling and all your PPs.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, this is frightfully fabulous! I love the little scene you created for the little bats and that mix of papers is awesome. So many great details and a fun Halloween card, in every way! :)

Lynn Put said...

Excellent Halloween card using the sketch Vicki! Love the sponged moon and fun bats!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This card is wicked cool! I love your focal image design with the moon and the bats...awesome! You inspired me! :-)

Linda Callahan said...

Absolutely fantastic!

Dana White said...

This is fabulous Vicki - the colours are perfect for the image

Unknown said...

As we say here in Boston, that's a wicked good card! :)

Jodi Collins said...

Vicki...I LOVE this!!! GORGEOUS Halloween card!

Margaret Moody said...

Love your beautiful card, Vicki! The mixed background of DSP really sets off the simple stamped image! I haven't ordered this particular package of paper, but now you've made me want to do so! Awesome job!