Cards For Sale

Monday, October 10, 2011

PP67....Thankful thoughts


Happy Monday Peeps!!

Today I have a card to share made with the color challenge this week on the The Paper Players Blog. I really liked the colors when I saw the challenge:


I rarely ever use Bravo Burgundy, so I was eager to give it a go. I messed with this card forever and originally had used some leaves from the Stampin Up
Gently Falling stamp set but in the end I didn't like what I had done, so I took it all apart and started again. I did keep the original base and very vanilla embossed layer. I added a strip of Cajun Craze on the side that I embossed with the stripes EF. My Big shot got quite the workout on this card. The sentiment piece is another EF and I used very vanilla and stamped with bravo burgundy ink. The sentiment comes from the Stampin Up "Grateful Greetings" stamp set.


I made my "sunflowers" with the Daisy Die using More Mustard and Bravo Burgundy card stock. The centers of the flowers are circle punches and are embossed with the square lattice EF. I added a few leaves made with the little leaves sizzlet die. I finished it off with a few gold pearls.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki

18 comments:

Marisa said...

You nailed the colour combo and the card, Vicki! Love those flowers!

Juliana said...

Oh man, I love this one too! You gotta stop posting all these great cards or I'm never going to get anything done! Just kidding. (I want to CASE them all!!)

Thanks for sharing!

Nancy B said...

love, love, LOVE!! Absolutely gorgeous!! :-)

Joanne Travis said...

Such a fabulous fall card, Vicki! Love how clean this design is.

Julie Marshall said...

Vicki, what a gorgeous card! I love everything from the colors to the sunflowers to the embossing to the frame. It all works together just perfectly. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players!

Dawn Easton said...

This is beautiful! Love those big flowers and all that embossing!

Unknown said...

Vicki, terrific job on this challenge. I lve the sunflowers...so clever and definitely a technique I want to use. I want to tell you how much I enjoy your blog and your talent. I look forward to every creation...and must admit I have case more than amfew of your cards. I can spot a "Vicki" card In my reader without having to look at the name. Thanks for keeping me inspired day after day. Blessings, Diane

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow, Vicki! Another gorgeous creation! Love how you used the colors and all of the fabulous textures you added. These sunflowers are awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

LeAnne said...

Oh, I always love coming to see what you create! How pretty is this! Just the right touch of embellishments; your flowers are gorgeous, the framed sentiment is perfect! What a joy to see! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh this is fantastic Vicki! Perfect layout and balance with the flowers and thesentiment oval...love all the texture on the flowers and the background panels...just beautiful! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Cindy Hall said...

You really nailed this challenge! Great layout and I love how you turned the daisies into sunflowers by creating the large, textured circle centers. PERFECT. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players this week!

Wendy said...

So pretty!! :)

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOH! This is STUNNING! LOVE the sentiment panel! WOW!!

Lesley said...

Hi Vicki,
I love coming over to see what you have created. This is so pretty, wish I could make vanilla cardstock work as a base like you do! Love the texture on the flowers and the leaves are perfectly placed! A beautiful clean card!
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
Smiles,
Lesley

Ann Schach said...

A beautiful fall card, Vicki! I love, love, love the texture! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

jaydee said...

Vicki, it is a gorgeous card. I actually love that you created the sunflowers - just a perfect touch and a great change from leaves. A fabulous use of the color challenge. I love that you created texture on each layer, too. So glad you shared this lovely creation with the Paper Players
Jaydee

Tara Bilbao said...

Vicki, This is such a lovely card! I don't know if I like the texture, the layout or the flowers the best. It is all such a joy to look at. I am definitely going to have to CASE the sunflowers. Fabulous card! Thanks for Playing with the Paper Players

Mylene said...

love this card