Cards For Sale

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Splitcoast Color Challenge....Christmas Lodge


Happy Tuesday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing  a card I made using the Color Challenge on Splitcoaststampers. The colors are Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze and Island Indigo, with the dessert option of dry embossing!
I struggled a bit with this color combo, I knew I wanted to try the the blue color combo on the Christmas Lodge stamp, I love the blue, I think I could have toned it down a bit to make it a bit more vintage looking, kinda faded I guess but it didn't work out that way. :) Of course I added some of the dazzling details on the roof and snow. Love the sparkle of it!

The DSP I used on here is from the Stampin Up "Pocketful of Posies" paper pack. 
The base of the card is white and then I followed that with some Baja Breeze card stock and then the DSP. 


The image is stamped with black stazon ink and then I used my aqua painter to color. I used Baja Breeze and Island Indigo for the lodge and then added some Daffodil Delight in the windows and old olive for the trees.
The sentiment is from the same set as the lodge the Stampin Up :Christmas Lodge" and is stamped with black onto the white.
I made a triple bow with some Baja Breeze seam binding and added an antique brad to the center. 
What do you think, does it need a few basic pearls in the top corners? I started to but decide to leave them off and let the lodge sparkle on it's own.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and
 HAPPY STAMPING!!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Great colour combo and the house looks amazing! Gorgeous card :)

Joanne Travis said...

I want to live there! this is so beautiful, Vicki and worked so well with today's challenge colors.

Patti Willey said...

How do you do it? Day after day after day a gorgeous card! I have struggled with this stamp set, not finding a layout I liked. Love this simple sketch. I think you would be happy to have three pearls in the bottom right corner. One medium, two smaller. It's an absolutely beautiful color combo. Love the Designer Label Punch peeking out on the right. Love the bow. I could go on and on!

Heather Klump said...

SO Gorgeous Vicki! Totally nailed the combo! I love the Depth of te Dazzling Details! WOW! :)

Lesley said...

Hi Vicki,
Love that you used this set with the colours, how fabulous. The bracket trim looks perfect and I love the triple bow...wow. Wish I could make a bow like that!!!
Hugs,
Lesley

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous! LOVE those colours! So pretty! Love the added glimmer! Beautiful!