Cards For Sale

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

SC356......Very Merry


Happy Wednesday Peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers. 

I have to say that these kind of sketches with several little elements are definitely not my favorite. So when I saw this sketch I hesitated doing it, but then I had a thought about the using the Stampin Up Northern Flurries Die Strip that I got this summer and haven't used much.
I decide to try and go about distressed and vintage with them'


The base of my card is EarlyEspresso card stock and then I used Very Vanilla for the next two layers. I used the snowburst embossing folder on one of the layers and then matted with the other. I sponged crumb cake ink all around the embossed layer and then used the edge of my scissors to distress the edges a bit.


I cut squares of 1-1/2 and 1-3/8 inches to mount the snowflakes onto. I sponged the edges of the snowflakes and added a basic pearl to the center and added them to the squares with a dimesional.

I used some very vanilla seam binding ribbon around the bottom and tied a bow. I frayed the tails of the bow a bit. I stamped the sentiment from the Short & Sweet stamp set onto some scrap very vanilla  and used the word window punch to punch it out. I trimmed both ends of the sentiment, making a "v" on one end and straight on the other end.

Well, that is all from me, thanks for stopping by and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

7 comments:

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love the snowflakes and pearls!

Debbie R. said...

I REALLY like your card! Very pretty!

Marisa said...

Love it :)

Patti Willey said...

Where is Vicki and What did you do with her? lol :)

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this turned out wonderfully! I admit that these sort of sketches aren't always my fave either but we do them right? LOL! I think it's an addiction ;)

Charmayne said...

I am also a fan of crumb cake. Just perfect on your card.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! That image is fabulous and I really love the color palette you chose to work with. And your fancy fold design is terrific! I have to admit I have always been afraid to try one of these cards. Yours came out perfect! Thanks for the sweet comment you left earlier about my DT piece. Hope you have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Linda