Cards For Sale

Saturday, October 29, 2011

OCC....Fancy Folds



Happy Saturday Peeps, 
It is time for another Our Creative Corner Challenge. 
This week our hostess is the fabulous Tui Nathan from Stampin-Time. Her challenge for us is:

Create a card that uses a Fancy Fold.  

There are so many different types of folds out there, a lot of which I have seen, loved and even saved to do on a rainy day … but, never got around to doing! 

I decided to make a Center Step Card using the tutorial Splitcoaststampers. I think this qualifies as a fancy fold don't you? It has some folds and some cutting involved but the tutorial makes it really easy.
 I knew I wanted to use the Stampin Up "A Beautiful Season" stamp set for my main image. The base of this card is large, it is 5-1/2 x 5-1/2 square and I used chocolate chip card stock.
The DSP I used is from the "Letters to Santa" paper pack from Stampin Up.
The main image is stamped with black stazon onto white card stock. I colored with my aqua painter and ink pads. I added the sentiment with Early Espresso ink, the sentiment is from the Bells & Boughs stamp set.
I thought the sides need a little something so I cut a couple of snowflakes from the Northern Frost die strip and added one on each side with a pearl to the middle.

I added some old olive grosgrain ribbon across the bottom and tied a bow. I tucked a punch edge under the ribbon made with the lace edge border punch and white card stock. Finished it off with two basic pearls in the upper corner of the main panel.

Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun  challenge. I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki! Wow! This is stunning! I have not tried this card design....must try though....soon! TFS!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! So elegant. I really like the addition of the snowflakes to the red panels, and how you staggered them. (Not to mention your fancy fold!)
Have a great weekend.

Lori Rider said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous! I haven't tried this fold but it's a wonderful choice for your Christmas card. It showcases that fabulous image beautifully!

Lesley said...

Hi Vicki,
I have yet to try this fold, it looks fabulous with this stamp set! Love your colouring!
Hugs,
Lesley

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oops, I'm watching TV and blogging - left my comment for this card on the one below - sorry about that!

Kathy Martin said...

Such a SWEET card! Love the tweet bird! :)

Tui Nathan said...

Love this card Vicki ... you have created a little beauty with that gorgeous image that is so beautifully coloured!
I am a big fan of this style of card and you have created a lovely showpiece ... thanks for the inspiration!!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Vicki this is gorgeous!! Love the colors and combination of paper patterns. Your coloring is beautiful, too. Love it.

Audhild said...

Lovely card, and the stamped image looks great:-)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, this is so pretty! This fancy fold is the perfect style to showcase the image. As always, your shading is beautiful, too. The pearls on the snowflakes are a delicate detail along with the pop of scalloped trm. What a gorgeous holiday card. Have a great day! Hugs! :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Such a gorgeous card! I've never seen this fold before (although I don't really venture away from a plain ol' center-folded card). I love the interesting design!