Cards For Sale

Sunday, October 30, 2011

SSSC141.....Holly Jolly




Good Morning Peeps!!!
It is Sunday which means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


Another great sketch from Karen and I am on a Christmas card kick this week so I pulled out the Stampin Up set "Festive & Fun". This is a fun Holiday set.
I stamped the image onto some white card stock with black stazon ink. I then used my aqua painter and ink pads to color.
The DS paper I used is from the Letters to Santa paper pack. I love the colors in that pack.
The base of the card is made with Riding Hood Red and then I followed that with some crumb cake and then the DSP.
The square under the main image is some of the Silver glimmer paper from Stampin' Up and the scallops are made from the same glimmer paper.

The side strip is made up of some DSP from the same pack and then a piece of chocolate chip card stock that I embossed with the square lattice EF. The only embellishment on here is the little bow red taffeta bow on the wreath. I love the country feel of this card.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

{sigh}. Another perfectly watercolored image. I think I say it every time I leave a comment, but I'm majorly jealous of those coloring skills! This is beautiful Vicki!

Karen Giron said...

I love seeing all of these Christmas/Holiday cards popping up this time of year and your watercoloring is PERFECTION! LOVE the image and the papers - just gorgeous!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful holiday card, Vicki! Love the watercoloured image!

Lynn Put said...

Very pretty Christmas card Vicki! I really like the soft colors, embossing and how you used the glitter paper!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

More watercolouring perfection!! Another gorgeous Card Vicki!!

xx SJ

Marisa said...

Love how you used the images to create the work, Vicki! Totally adorable card :)

Dana White said...

Vicki what a sweet image - what a great image

Karen Motz said...

The sparkly paper is so pretty and I love that sweet bow too!!!

Sharon Wheet said...

love the holiday card! the image is colored beautifully! I'm a big fan of the silver glitter paper!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty! I love all of the layers and the pop of glimmer paper. The bitty ribbon on the wreath is a great touch. Thanks for the inspiration to try this fabuous sketch this week. :)