Cards For Sale

Monday, October 24, 2011

PPA116......Season's Greetings



Happy Monday Peeps!
Today I am sharing a card made with the sketch challenge this week on the The Paper Players Blog.

You all know I LOVE a sketch challenge. I pulled out my Stampin Up "Welcome Christmas" Stamp Set and I also used some retired Stampin Up paper from the "Love Letters"  DSP.

I started my card with a base of Crumb Cake Card stock. I used a 5 x 10 inch piece folded in half. I then used some riding hood red and a piece of the DSP. Then another strip of the DSP that is matted with basic black card stock. I stamped the silhouette image with black stazon onto very vanilla card stock. I matted that piece with basic black and added it to the card with some dimesionals. 
I stamped the sentiment twice onto some scrap very vanilla, once with black and once with riding hood red and cut out the black piece and the "Season's Greetings" piece from the riding hood red. I added it to the black piece with some dimesionals.


I used some very vanilla seam binding ribbon that I "dyed" by running it over my riding hood red ink pad a few times on each side. I then put it into a small plastic baggie and added a drop or two of watter and squished it all up. I then used my heat tool to dry it. I then made a triple loop bow and added a pearl brad to the center. Love that bow!

Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Di Hardie said...

I love this card. The DSP works really well with the sketch and stamp set.

Kerry Parkinson said...

Great card, I love the colours and that bow is divine!

Beth said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! Love this combo of colours and the big bow and large pearl brad :)

Hands On said...

So lovely. Love the layered sentiment!

stampwithsandy said...

Vicki, this card is gorgeous! Love the colors, the DSP, the greeting, everything!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful card using this fab silhouette image! Great tip for dyeing seam binding!

Victoria said...

Such a beautiful card Vicki! I am loving the welcome christmas set at the moment and I also love how you've created the bow, so pretty!!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Vicki!!! Love the papers, stamp set and your gorgeous bow! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki this is GORGEOUS my friend! Wow! Love how dramatic it is! I always forget to dye my seam binding!

Allison said...

This is absolutely stunning! Those papers look amazing with that image!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so pretty - one of my favorite color combos! The ribbon is terrific!