Cards For Sale

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Catty Cruise

0925lighthouse_200


Ahoy Maties!!! Welcome to the second voyage of the Catty Cruise. This time with are setting sail through the new Holiday Mini Catalog!

If you just sailed here from Kay Kalthoff port of call Stamping to Share wasn't her projects with the Serene Snowflake amazing?!!!! I just love all she does!

We’ve have 11 incredible stamp artist for this cruise through the new Stampin' Up Holiday Mini catalog. You’ll get to the next port by clicking on the port hole at the end of this post. But, if we somehow lose you along the way, you can always rejoin us by visiting our home port, Catty Cruise Line.


When I first saw the new Holiday mini I was immediately drawn to the Pumpkin Patch Set. I LOVE Halloween, all the cute stuff, not the blood and gore stuff, This little set is adorable and fits the "Cute Stuff" perfectly!

Halloween, to me, is all about the little ones and all the fun they have and of course, the CANDY!!! So I had to make some Halloween treat holders and a card or two!!





The pumpkins in this set are so fun to use and you can mix and match the faces and pumpkins! My box is made with basic black and the Speciality DS paper, Night and Day, also in the mini. The pumpkins are stamped on scrap white and cut out and added with dimensionals. The card is old olive and uses the Cast-A-Spell DS paper. The sentiment is from the Pumpkin Patch Set and I just inked up part of it to use on this card.

This next set is :



just as fun as the first! I made the box pumpkin pie cardstock and added some DS paper to the sides and used a MS punch for the fence. The card is made with pumpkin pie and old olive and more Cast-A-Spell DS paper. I used a needle and embroidery floss to make the "X's" behind the main image panel. I added old olive ribbon and some black brads.

And Lastly:

I used the Pumpkin Patch Set and the Wandering Words Set for this simple little card.



I stamped five of the pumpkin ovals onto scrap white and cut them out, and layered to make the large pumpkin. I stamped the stem and cut it out and added it to the pumpkin. I used a spectrum pad to ink up the words. I layered it onto chocolate chip and then mounted to the card. It is 6-1/2 inch by 3-1/4 inch, and will fit into the small open end envelopes. I added some chocolate chip twill ribbon and some piercing along the bottom.

As much as I’d love to keep you at It's A Stamp Thing, it’s time to weigh anchor again and embark on to the next port, the fabulously talented Angie Tieman at Schwooo! She is going to show you some projects with the "Just Beclause" Stamp Set.

Photobucket

22 comments:

Connie Collins said...

Adorable projects Vicki! Great job!

Inking Idaho said...

Adorable! LOVE the pumpkin cards with the Wandering Words!
Becky

Brooke S said...

Vicki!
Pumpkin Patch Wahoo! I totally love you cards.. You are a genius I am totally making a layered pumpkin and the rainbow with the leaves.... ADORABLE.. I am sooo going to just order the Wandering Words.. You and Becky have just killed my I will be looking through all the couches for money tonight LOL!

you are just as cute as your cards..
Hugs
Brooke

Kay Kalthoff said...

Wonderful projects, Vicki! I absolutely LOVE that last card you did especially - the dotted pumpkin, the pierced paper, the blowing leaves . . . swoosh - right into my faves!!
Kay

Lindsayb-mo said...

What an incredibly small world! I happened onto your blog from another blog (designs by brooke) and found that you live in Webb City. I live in Joplin. I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog. I will be adding you to my favorites!
Sending Hugs,
Lindsay

Linda McClain said...

Vicki - I love, love your "cute" Halloween. Your cards are precious. How clever to use the Spectrum pad - love it!

Penny Hanuszak said...

You make these cards dance with life! Thanks for sharing your fabulous creations!

lisa808 said...

Thanks for sharing your cute Halloween projects.

Dawn Easton said...

Wow, Vicki! All of your projects are AMAZING!!

Lynn said...

These are all super cute! Now you are making me regret not getting that set! I especially love your layered pumpkin with the multicolored leaves.

Kriss Huels said...

Terrific projects, Vicki! Your layered pumpkin and wandering words is especially darling! Don't you miss those Spectrum pads!?

Ellie said...

OH love your cards! OK I give between you and Becky with that set I AM adding it to my next order!(wandering words) TGIF 2 U!

Lynn Put said...

Wowza what fabulous projects!!!
Each one of these projects is so cute and what a great idea to stamp five of the pumpkins and layer them together to create one large one!

Wendy J. said...

Vicki, your projects are fabulous--as they always are! I especially loved the idea on your last card with the pumpkin stamped several times to make a larger pumpkin. Nice!

Lois said...

FABULOUS! AWESOME, AMAZING!!! What else can I say. I love everything.

Betty Wright said...

WOW!!! What a fabulous idea!!!! A catty cruis!!! Great projects and designs, Vicki!!! Beautifully done!!!

Nancy K said...

Those treat holders are sooooo cute! Some lucky kids to get those! :)
I have to say though, like many other commenters, I just love that last card with the layered pumpkin...beautiful!

Nancy Riley said...

WOW! Vicki, your Halloween projects are AMAZING! So fun and creative! GREAT JOB!!!!

Gwen Mangelson said...

Inspiring, adorable, delishus, delightful, creative, WONDERFUL are all words that just jumped in my head the moment I saw your projects!! you rock!

stamperbeth said...

adorable projects! Love your little basket.

Reina said...

I love the halloween projects and the card, great work! You make it look so easy. TFS

jaydee said...

Gorgeous.... but I especially love the Wandering Words. I love the dots on the pumpkins and then the piercing on the bottom. Fabulous. A definite case :-)
jaydee