Cards For Sale

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thinking of You




Good Wednesday morning Peeps! It is day three of un-employment, I am already losing it. Yesterday I went to the grocery store with my shirt on backwards, probably has nothing to do with me being jobless, but what the heck!!!

Well, on to today's card. I made this one for the color challenge on Splitcoast. It was to use tangerine tango, kiwi kiss and riding hood red. All month is a salute to the retiring "in colors", altho there was an announcement on SU that said the More popular in colors could be making a reappearance sooner or later, I hope it is baja and my other favorite from the year before groovy guava. Love them both!!!

Anyway my card is started with a base of tangerine followed by whisper white and then riding hood red and some DS paper from the Haiku pack. The main image panel is made by sponging, blush blossom, pumpkin pie, tangerine and really rust. I used the grass from Inspired by Nature and stamped it with some basic gray ink. I highlighted a few stems with my white gel pen. I added some black brads and tangerine ribbon. The sentiment is a rub-on.

Well, that is it for today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

13 comments:

Dana Hatch said...

this is gorgeous . . . kind of makes me miss the outgoing in colors already.

Beth said...

Very pretty Vicki - love the sponging you did!

Jaspere said...

If wearing your shirt backwards makes you create beautiful things like this I say keep on doing it *LOL* Heck maybe I'll try it sometime.

Rose said...

Really pretty! I like the colors and the sponging technique! Great card!

Jacquel said...

Beautiful card Vicki...I've always had trouble using the Tango! tfs!!!

Lois said...

So pretty. You need to show me how to do that. Everytime I try, I fail. But you did a great job!!!

Sharon said...

This is so beautiful!! I love how you made the sunset!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!

Tammy said...

Great job on the technique.

Becky said...

This is so sweet and quiet. I just love the colors you used here.

Vicki said...

Beautiful card Vicki, have just found your blog through the stamps and smiles challenge blog, you have some stunning cards, shall carry on looking and put you in my favourites so I can pop back.

Take care

Vicki x

Sara said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love how you did your background!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh you KNOW I love that grass stamp...hehe! Great card Vicki!
I'm playing catch up on blogs this morning...now I'm running late...lol...I will catch up with you this weekend ;)