Cards For Sale

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Merry Christmas


Hello Peeps!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the color challenge this week on SplitcoastStampers.

Some fun colors this week:

Gold, Wild Wasabi and Daffodil Delight, not your traditional colors for a Christmas card, but I do like the results. I started with a favorite stamp set, Stampin Up's A Beautiful Season, retired. 
I stamped with black stazon onto some confetti cream card stock. I then colored with my aqua painter and ink pads, I used wild wasabi, daffodil delight and basic gray. I used some ink from my gold encore pad to color the holly berries, but then in the end I covered them with some small gold pearls. I thought the gold ink looked very dull and I liked the gold pearls better.
I stamped a second image and colored the leaves to cut out and pop up, the dessert option on this challenge was to fussy cut something, so I did. 


I used some crumb cake ink to shade my image and I used my white gel pen to add some lines to the holly leaves. The sentiment comes from the Bells and Boughs set and I used some Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon to make my bow and added a very vanilla button to the center.
The DSP on here is from a retired pack, Woodland Walk. 
The base of the card is the same Confetti Cream as the image is stamped on and I used some gold foil paper to mat my image and DSP.
I finished up by doing a bit of doodling around the image with my black marker.

Hope you enjoyed this one!

Vicki



5 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow, love these unexpected colours with the image. Great card!

Pam Todd said...

You got it all right on this card - just beautiful!

Pat S said...

Great card, love the use of retired products

Loralee said...

This is one beautiful card Vicki. Simply refreshing to see such nontraditional colors for Christmas. I know how I'm going to use my stash of Woodland Walk dsp. This card has such an artfully designed flair to it.
Loralee Parish

CherylQuilts said...

Vicki, I love your work and your love for stamping...it shows! You have a gift! I so love this beautiful card...it's classic Vicki! Hugs, sweet friend!