Cards For Sale

Saturday, April 21, 2012

OCC....Inspirational Photo Challenge


Happy Saturday peeps!!!
It is time for another new challenge at  Our Creative Corner
This week out hostess is Rudlis from Love Life and Craft and she has a pretty inspiration challenge for us.

Make a project, card or tag inspired by the photo.

I pulled out the Stampin Up "Kindness Matters" stamp set to use.
Love the pretty butterflies in this set. I stamped them with brown stazon onto some confetti card stock and then used my French Script BG stamp with the brown stazon to stamp over the butterfly piece. 
I used my aqua painter and ink pads to color the butterflies.


I used some Crumb cake card stock for the base and then followed that with some Soft suede card stock. The DSP is from a retired pack and I cut a pretty doily out of crumb cake for the next layer.
I added some twill ribbon and some basic pearls.



Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog 
to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun challenge. 
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

14 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful image panel Vicki. Those butterflies along with the script look like they were meant to go together!!! Beautiful card!

Terri Orr said...

What a beautiful card! So soft. The Crumb Cake doily and the French Script bg stamp are the perfect extra touches.

Shelly Koskinen said...

Another awesome card!!!! It's beautiful!

Natalie said...

Stunning!! The watercolored butterflies are so beautiful!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous card, but the coloration on the butterflies is outstanding! Is that watercolor?

Christine Blain said...

Wow, Vicki - GORGEOUS! Love the paper, and the French Script and butterflies. Such a soft, beautiful, card.

Lynda said...

Another ripper of a card Tui. The mainly neutral base makes the peachy tones pop. So pretty. Furthers the arguement that you can never go wrong with b'flies!!!! ooxx

Wendy said...

Simply beautiful!!! :)

Sharon Wheet said...

Vicki, I have to say that that stamp set {kindness matters} has got to be my favorite butterfly stamp. I just love how you colored them and over stamped the text. Very soft and very pretty! Your card has a rustic charm to it!
hope your are enjoying your weekend. hugs, sharon w.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Vicki
I missed you last week.
I love your butterfly set, I have not seen it before, so to look at the way you have coloured them up and set them on top of script with the wonderful banner underneath, is just gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Kate said...

This card really caught my eye over at the challenge and that has brought me to your lovely blog! I'm so pleased I found it your cards are delightful.

** Kate **

Kristin said...

Those butterflies are BEYOND gorgeous! Your coloring is perfection on them. I love the color combo you used with the crumb cake and the patterned paper background. Just lovely! Have a great week!

MarcyK924 said...

Vicki, this is so beautiful, it looks like a vintage botanical! I love the palette you chose and the gorgeous layers! Hugs, Marcy

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the soft color and fabulous layout.