Cards For Sale

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

MTSC Very Merry



Good Wednesday Morning Peeps. Two more sleeps til the jolly man in the red suit pops in!!! HO! HO! HO!

I have a fun little snowflake card to share with you today. I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge for this card.

The base is made with chocolate chip and then very vanilla and the DS paper comes from the retired Au Chocolat DS pack. I cut a snowflake out of very vanilla with the sizzix Snowflake #2 die. I added a button from the Latte buttons. The sentiment is from, uh....not sure which stamp set as the "very merry" stamp was just sitting on the shelf when I was looking for sentiment to use. So I grabbed it and stamped it with chocolate chip ink onto some scrap very vanilla and used the word window punch to punch it out. I then punched a mat for it with the modern label punch and added another button.

I finished it off with a punched border piece in very vanilla with a MS punch. I added this punched edge to the back of the base with the border to the top. This is a treatment I have seen used around the blog world for awhile.

Well, that is all for today, I want to wish all my blog readers a Very Merry Christmas and a big thank you for all who comes by, I really appreciate you guys!

HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable snowflake card, Vicki! I love that snowflake cut out in vanilla with the Au Chocolate DSP behind it!! :) Nice job!

I wanted to thank you for the kind words you left on my blog the other day in regards to moving to Missouri. It ment alot! :)

Merry Christmas!

Marisa said...

A very smart way to deal with the three panels that had me thinking LOL! LOVE the card! Great use of the MS border punch on the top of the card.

You have a wonderful Christmas as well :D Hope Santa is good to you -- I may get coal after all my "B and Es" into my craft pressies LOL!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very nice snowflake card.

Dawn Easton said...

FANTASTIC snowflake card, Vicki! LOVE that huge snowflake!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Best wishes to you and your family for a happy and healthy 2010!

Rhonda Langley said...

Yummy chocolate chip! Cute card!