Cards For Sale

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Inspiring Iris


Happy Thursday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using a couple of challenges
and this super pretty new stamp set
Inspiring Iris.

I used the sketch challenge this week at Freshly Made Sketches

and the colors challenge this week at 





Perfect colors for my Irises.

 
 I stamped the iris image onto a piece of  thick whisper white that I had die cut
with one of the rectangle stitched dies.
I stamped the image with black stazon and then masked and stamped the second time 
to get the 4 flowers.


I watercolored with my aqua painter and ink pads using
Highland Heather, Daffodil Delight an Granny Apple Green.
I then stamped the flowers again and colored.
I fussy cut out and added the two taller ones over the base with dimensionals.

The sentiment  is from the same set.
I stamped with Versamark onto some scrap 
Basic Black card stock and embossed with whie embossing powder.
I cut it apart to make the three strips of the sketch image.
The sentiment pieces are added with dimensionals.


The base of my card is thick whisper white.
I then used another die cut stitched rectangle and regular whisper white card stock.
I used my Buffalo Check stamp and Highland Heather to make my background piece.

I finished up with a few little basic rhinestones.

Thanks for sopping by today.

Vicki





8 comments:

Wendy said...

Love it!

Gerry said...

This is so pretty and soft. Love the colors and the gingham background.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Vicki! LOVE the check background, and the embossed sentiments really stand out! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty Vicki! Those stamped flowers are gorgeous and I love how you embossed the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

laurie said...

Those Iris are gorgeous!! Beautiful card.Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Jacquie Southas said...

Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Michelle said...

This is wonderful! I love what you did with this sketch. Such pretty colors.

Jen Timko said...

Another beautiful card! Love the gingham and your pretty flowers. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!