Cards For Sale

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Thank You


Happy Sunday Peeps!!

The challenge this week at The Card Concept, inspired my card I am showing you today.

 Pink Party!

Are you sick of seeing me use this  flower stamp yet?
It is an oldie but definitely, in my eyes, a goodie!

I love the flower, the size of the stamp, the fact that the one flower can be the whole focal image on a card. I love to color this flower as well. I used my favorite method of coloring, watercoloring.

I stamped the flower onto some thick whisper white card stock with black stazon and colored with my water brush. I have had several people ask me about my method of coloring on cardstock so here is a short description of what I do. Yes, coloring on card stock takes some practice, but it is my favorite method. The secret, if there is one, is a light touch and less water. I always start by coloring in the entire flower image lightly with my ink thinned with water substantially. I then go back in adding more color to achieve the shading I want . You do have to be a bit careful to not have to much water flowing from your brush. Practice, practice and more practice.


I fussy cut out my image and added it to the card with dimensionals. The white die cut piece is also added with dimesionals.

There is jus a bi of gold in the inspiration photo, so I added a bit of gold ribbon.

The sentiment is from the Peal Palette set.






4 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous!!! Love your watercoloring! This flower is so pretty and I love the pop of gold from your ribbon! Well done! Happy Sunday, my friend! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, this is GORGEOUS! Your watercoloring is perfect, and I have to practice my watercoloring. I love my Copic markers though...haha! But thanks for the tip, and I do LOVE this image -- perhaps an oldie but always a goodie! Love the layout and your perfect fussy cutting. So worth all the time and effort! Hugs!

Susan Powell said...

this is Gorgeous!! Love your watercoloring. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Thiis a beautiful, stunning creation! I love how the single flower is the main focus, and it looks amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept!