Cards For Sale

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Happy Birthday


Happy Hump Day Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using a  a retired set called Crazy About You.

I love his single flower in the set and have held onto it just for that flower 

I used the challenges this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge and Seize the Birthday 
to get my card started.





I love a black and white card with a pop of color.

I used another retired favorite, Wisteria Wonder, for my color pop.
I did sneak in just a bit of Pear Pizzazz for my three little leaves.


The base of my card is thick whisper white and I used a black and white striped piece of DSP from the Neutrals DSP that is also retired, I guess the key work on my card is "retired"....hey, I say use it up!

I matted the DSP with some basic black and glued it directly to my base.

The white die cut piece is added to the card with dimensionals.

The sentiment is stamped with Black Memento ink and is from the Southern Serenade stamp set.


I decided to add the  black flag piece after the card was mostly put together, so I just tucked the two pieces under the edge of the die cut and glue them down.

I finished with a few basic rhinestones.

Thanks for taking a look. 

Vicki

 





4 comments:

Karen in Florida said...

I really like what you did with the stamp! The striped background adds a lot to the simple flower! And who doesn't LOVE purple!? I love it!

Wendy said...

What a great card, Vicki! Love that flower against your black & white striped paper! I say use up the retired stuff as well! I tend to dip into my old stash alot too and i'm slowly making a dent in it! LOL TFS

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Beautiful card Vicki! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our color challenge this week!

JoAnn said...

Your card is beautiful Vicki. I love the pretty flower. The Wisteria Wonder flower looks great with the black & white DSP. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.