Cards For Sale

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Freshly Made sketches.....Birthday Wishes


Happy Wednesday Peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches.



What a fun sketch, I had a blast with this one.

I started with a base of Thick Whisper White card stock.

I then used a piece of DSP from the Neutrals pad, then another layer of thick whipser white card stock.


For one of the two circle elements of the sketch I first just cut a small white circle and used a stencil and some Soft Sky ink. I then cut another circle using some basic black card stock.
I then cut a small strip of gold glimmer paper to lay across between the two circle elements.

Next up is my fave element, the flower of course.

I stamped the flower from the Crazy About You stamp set three times with Calypso Coral.
I fussy cut out and layered it up cutting away a layer of petals each time.
I stacked the layers together using some dimensionals.
I stamped the leaves using some Pear Pizzazz and fussy cut them out as well.
I used a couple of glue dots to attach the leaves to the glimmer paper and then more dimensionals to attach the flower.
I used a enamel dot in the center of the flower.

The sentiment comes from the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Vicki





6 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! That flower is gorgeous and I love the circle elements behind it! Love the stenciling too! I really must try that sometime! Beautifully done! Hope your having a good week! Miss you!

Linda Callahan said...

That big blossom is gorgeous! And I love the soft stenciling in the background.....so pretty! Glad you joined us at FMS!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, how beautiful, Vicki, and what a great take on the sketch! I LOVE it! Hugs, sweet friend!

Rosemary said...

beautiful take on the sketch!! love the little bit of sparkle!!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Vicki! I love that layered flower and the stencilled circle! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow Vicki! I love, love, love your card! that flower is the perfect match fork the sketch and is so very striking! Gorgeous card all round. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!