Cards For Sale

Monday, May 28, 2012

Stamping 411.......Many Thanks


Happy Monday Peeps and Memorial Day for all of us here in the US.
Love this holiday, a three day weekend, the official start of summer and the day to honor our Veterans.

Today I am sharing a card made using the sketch this week on the Stamping 411 Blog.


I can not even tell you how obsessed I am with Geraniums. A fave summer flower of mine. 
I think of them as old fashioned, the remind me of a favorite Aunt, she always had a flower box full of them on her front porch every summer. 
I especially love the red ones, and I wanted to try to make some.
 I really dislike that SU does not have some pretty old fashion flower stamps, some with clay pots or flower boxes and geraniums.......oh well! :)
I am not sure my final creation looks alot like a geranium, but I still like the outcome.
I used one of the punches from the "Itty Bitty Punch Pack" to make my flower head. I punched alot of flowers using both real read and cherry cobbler card stock. I used my cushioned foam piece from my mat pack to lay the flowers on and pressed the center in. I punched a circle with scrap paper and curled it by using the foam mat and my stylus, going around in circles from the edge to the center and then used a couple of dimesionals to add it to my base piece. I then just started gluing on my little flower heads all over the circle, overlapping to cover the circle.
I then used some always artichoke scraps to make my stem and leaves. the leaves are punched with the butterfly punch and then embossed with the square lattice EF.
The clay pots was made using some cajun craze card stock, I cut a square and then angle cut from the top to bottom to make the flower pot. I added a small strip across the top of that piece. I sponged the edges heavily with cajun craze ink.

One thing I know about geraniums is that the little flower heads fall off alot, so I added a few random flowers around the bottom of the pot.
The sentiment is from the "Petite Pairs" stamp set, I used my 1" circle and 1-1/4" circle punch for the sentiment and mat.
I colored several small pearls with a copic marker to add to the flower centers and to the corners and sentiment piece.
So what do you think, does it sorta resemble a geranium?

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki



25 comments:

Patti said...

I absolutely love this card. It definitely looks like a geranium. The tipped over pot is such a fun touch. Beautiful.

Christine Blain said...

Oh, I LOVE those little clay pots, Vicki - especially the one on its side. This is such a fun card, and just beautiful.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my word girl! Seriously! LOVE that flower you created! Saw something like it in purple on Pinterest but had no idea how they did it! Glad you explained....now I can case you! Brilliant!!!

Tammy said...

An absolutely beautiful geranium!! Love the fallen blooms, and the tipped over pot! What a wonderful card!

Bandon, Oregon said...

Love, Love, Love this Card.

Faith

Michele said...

Beautiful card! Love the tipped over pot.

Sandy Murphy said...

As always Vicki, you do a great job. I love the flower pots. Happy Stampin'

Ms said...

what a clever idea and will be a great Father's Day Card. Thx for sharing your creativity

TrishG said...

Can I just say "WOW!"
Love the flower and pots. Great texture. Beautiful card, Vicki!

Susan G said...

Definitely looks like a geranium. I knew immediately what flower you had made. I love them, too! Have several on my patio. I'll definitely be making this card. TFS.

Anonymous said...

just adorable thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Love this card! I'm not even a gardener and I knew right away it was a geranium. The dropped blossoms are a nice detail.

Anne Marie Hile said...

I really like geraniums, also. Although every time I have had them in my flower garden they seemed to be some sort of delicacy for the deer or the rabbits. They were always "beheaded". Your card is absolutely fantstic! Wow! I always love the amount of detail you add to your projects and this is certainly no exception. Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend! Hugs! :)

Lynda said...

Awesome card Vicki....so life like...started sneezing right away!!! Such a fun card.

Selene Kempton said...

You just kill me Vicki! I love everything you make.. another WOW! Thanks for sharing your talents and who you are through your blog. My goodness, looking at your artwork makes me happy!

Patti said...

outstanding so realistic
thanks for the details...this is a definite case for me
blessings
patti moffett

Patti Chesky said...

Your attention to the littlest detail is impeccable! I always look forward to seeing what you create!!!

At Paula's Place said...

Yes, I knew this was a geranium right away, what a great idea. It's done to perfection and the pots are so cute. I like how you just came up with that with no punch or die. Great coloring too.

Unknown said...

Wozzier, this is awesome! Thanks for sharing!!

donna said...

Of course it's a geranium
Love it & the tipped pot, looks right at home.

gbarron56 said...

Vicki -- this is absolutely amazing. Your attention to detail is beyond compare! So glad that you are going to be a part of the Stamping 411 Team. Welcome and thanks for sharing your incredible talent! Blessings, Gretchen

Terstamper said...

Sooo cute! I love how you did the leaves.

Ter ;)

Conniecrafter said...

it looks fantastic, love your flowers and the pots are great too!

vdoyle8 said...

I love geraniums also -- my garden club sells 10,000 geraniums a year as a fundraiser. Thank you for sharing this card - I love it!!

Karen Motz said...

This is stunning!! The texture and dimension is amazing!!!