Cards For Sale

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Happiest of Birthdays to You


Happy Thursday Peeps!

Today I am sharing a card I made with a few challenges.

First up I used the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches



I also used the color challenge this week at Stamp Ink Paper Challenge.


The base of my card is Chocolate Chip card stock and then I used a strip of DSP from the Neutrals paper pad.  I followed that up with a piece of thick white card stock.

You know how the swirl of twine, jute or thread behind the elements on a card is trendy right now? I love the look but have not been very successful at getting my attempts to look right. It came to me when looking at the new Swirly Bird stamp set, that I could die cut a swirl and lay it down to sort of mimic that look.  Much easier for me anyway and I like the look.



I die cut the large swirl in the die set using Pool Party card stock and glued it down to the center of my thick white card stock.

I used the Botanical die set for my flowers, I used Calypso Coral, Pool Party and white along with some Mossy Meadow for the leaves.
I embellished the flowers with some rhinestones and some enamel dots from the It's My Party pack.

The sentiment is from the Birthday Blooms stamp set and is stamped using Chocolate Chip ink.


Gonna leave you with another pic of our sweet little Audrey, a collage pic from her 1 month photo session

Thanks for stopping by today!


Vicki








11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet baby! Sweet card! Those flowers are beautiful and I love the swirl behind them! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Timko said...

That swirl is perfect behind the flowers. Love this look! And then you had to show the baby pictures.....and I was distracted....which is pretty hard because I adore your cards. Thanks for sharing with us this week at FMS!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, my friend! Love the swirl under those pretty flowers and the design of your card!Great job on both challenges!
Love the pics of Audrey! She is a beautiful baby!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, what a gorgeous card with this new die set. Thanks for inspiring me. I need to get it out and try it. And sweet Audrey is so adorable! I love the beautiful flowers on her head...just precious and loving! I know you are in heaven with her! Hugs, sweet friend!

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Such a beautiful card and beautiful baby! I loved the swirl behind the flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our color challenge this week!

Gingin said...

Beautiful card Vicki! Love the swirly die in the background!! What a sweet pic of Audrey she is just perfect! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

Unknown said...

Love the swirl behind the flowers! Wonderful idea!

stampwithsandy said...

I love this, Vicki! Such beautiful use of the colors. I'm horrible at getting that loopy thread look, too. It always looks like a mess! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

JanTink said...

Lovely card. I love the swirl behind the flowers too! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Ink Paper!

Amy O said...

I love how you used the swirly die in the background! And that baby is just precious! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Maggie Mata said...

The swirl behind the flower reminds me of a pond in the Spring. Love the way you set the flowers to touch. So perfect! Thank you for joining the color challenge at Stamp Ink Paper.