Cards For Sale

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Paper Players....Happy Birthday


Happy Hump Day Peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch this week on The Paper Players.
I have to say I struggled with this sketch and I put at least 3 tries into the recycle bin before finally getting this one to come together.

Here is the sketch:

I made my main element first, I stamped a few of the flowers from the Stampin Up Bloom with Hope Hostess set.
I stamped them with black stazon onto some white card stock. 
I then colored with my aqua painter and ink pads.
 I colored with Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Hello Honey, Wild Wasabi and Smokey Slate.
I stamped one image onto the oval that I had die cut out and colored it with Real Red and Wild Wasabi. I then cut out the other flowers I had painted and used some foam tape to add them to the oval piece. I used some twine to make a double bow and glued it to the stems of the flowers at the bottom of the oval. 


The base of the card is Crumb Cake and then the next layer is white stamped with the Hardwood BG.
The flags are Crumb cake that I embossed with the random dot Ef.
The third flag is white and stamped with the Happy Birthday sentiment that is also in the Bloom with Hope stamp set.
Sometime during the process of making this card I smudge some black ink onto the top of the card and since I needed something up there to cover that and the fact that the sketch indicates something different on the top part of the card I came up with the idea of the doily.
I think it looks good there, so win win!!!
I added the flower oval to the base with some foam tape as well.
I finished it up with some tiny pearls at the base of the flowers and then I used my Wink of Stella pen to add some shimmer to the flowers.
Well, that is all from me, thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki



6 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the white wood panel on the kraft and those lovely flowers just pop off it. Great card.

CherylQuilts said...

Vicki, this is beautiful, and I really love your take on the sketch! And I love the colors of your flowers and that you popped them! The doily is a lovely addition. Beautiful, my friend! Hugs!

Debbie Mageed said...

So pretty! Those flowers are watercolored perfectly!! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week.

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the pretty flowers and the wood background.

Jaydee said...

Vicki, I love all the texture you created on your card - they are the perfect backdrop for those bautifully colored flowers. Great take on the sketch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Jan Clothier said...

Wow - great card! I love the way you've coloured and layered the flowers to get such a sense of depth. They look wonderful against the wood grain.