Cards For Sale

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Color Challenge.....Birthday Wishes


Happy Wednesday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made for the Color Challenge this week on Splitcoast


Love these soft colors, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe and Crumb Cake.  I got to make my favorite kind of card, a flower card! :) The dessert option this week was to repeat something on your card, I repeated several things so I guess I had a few desserts! 

I used the Stampin Up Morning Meadow Hostess Set for my pretty Crisp Cantaloupe flowers and the leaves are from the Secret Garden Stamp Set in Pistachio Pudding. I stamped four flowers and hand cut them out, I do have a punch for this flower but I always have a hard time getting it to line up, I know there is a trick for that, I need to research that. I stamped two of the leaves and used the matching framelits to cut them out.


I added several basic pearls to my card, in the flower centers and at the corners of the card. The flowers are mounted to the image piece with dimesionals and there are dimesionals in between the layers of flowers as well. 
The base of the card is a 5 in square of Crumb Cake and then a layer of white and then another layer of Crumb Cake. The DSP is from the Birthday Basics paper pack. The embossed piece of Crumb Cake is some that I found in my stash already embossed with the square lattice EF. 
I added my sentiment which comes from the Petite Pair Stamp Set. I stamped with black onto white card stock and then used my 1-3/8" circle punch to punch it out. I then punched out a 1-1.2" circle of Crisp Cantaloupe to layer it onto. I added four small pearls under sentiment. and added it to my card with some dimensionals. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki



4 comments:

Marisa said...

Gorgeous use of the colours an just love those flowers :)

Wendy said...

This is beautiful, my friend! Love the soft colors, flowers and all those pearls! Your the queen of flowery cards! Love it! :)

Wanda Cullen said...

This beauty really popped out in the Pinterest gallery! LOVE how you used these soft colors!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love these colors!!