Cards For Sale

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Merry Monday Sketch



Hello Peeps, popping back in today with another card.
This card uses the Merry Monday sketch challenge. I have been wanting to play along with Lesley's new challenges since they begun and never seem to work them in. Well this week my sweet friend Wendy is the guest designer, so I just HAD to find time to make a card.

Here is the sketch:


I am such a seasonal stamper, that I had a hard time thinking about doing a Christmas card, but while looking through my Christmas stamps for some inspiration and nothing striking my fancy, I sit back down at my desk and my bird punch was there, ( you will see why later in the week) and I thought I could make a cardinal, that works for Christmas and so this card was born! :)


I made the birdhouse by cutting a crumb cake circle and trimming off the bottom and the top was cut at an angle for the roof. I used early espresso for the roof and the circle opening. I then punched alot of leaves using some old olive and always artichoke to build the nest the bird is on. I added some small red "berries" to the leaves
The sentiment is from the Contempo Christmas stamp set.
I think the rest is pretty self explanatory but if you have any questions just let me know.
Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki


15 comments:

Marisa said...

LOVE it! Fabulous use of punches and love the birdhouse and greenery.

Leigh said...

I love this card Vicki. Fantastic birdhouse and the nest is wonderful.

Lesley said...

It looks chilly outside with all that snow falling but that sweet little bird looks pretty snug at his house! Beautiful design Vicki,I am so happy you joined us this week. I admire your work very much.
Smiles,
Lesley

Narelle Farrugia said...

So creative making the birdhouse - I love this!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! Love how you work the punches to create things!!! Brilliant!

Notes by Nina said...

This is gorgeous, I love the little bird and it's house. The back ground texture is fabulous.

Wendy said...

Oh WOW, this is so cute, Miss Vicki!! I love how you always come up with such neat idea's! Perfect card for this sketch! I love it! :)

Janet Kay said...

This is beautiful, I love it! Red birds are my favorite:)

Jodi said...

What a great idea! I love the little cardinal with his bird house. Should really play along with this challenge & get a jump on some Xmas cards.

Unknown said...

A lovely card Vicki, that bird house is such a little cutie, very creative :)

Bonnie said...

I love this birdhouse! Thanks for all the deets.

Shelia said...

I love your birdhouse and cardinal!! This is such a lovely card!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card!

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh Oh Oh..I just love your card...your little bird and birdhouse is fabulous - so might have a go myself...thanks for your inspiration Vikki

None None said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! So creative and wow - I can't believe this is all punches.. just superb!