Cards For Sale

Saturday, February 4, 2012

OCC...Love Is In The Air


Happy Saturday Peeps!!! 
It is time for another Our Creative Corner Challenge. 
This week our hostess with the mostest is the fabulous Sharon Wheet and she has a fun challenge for us:

Make a St. Valentine's Day paper craft item (card, scrapbook page layout, 3-D item, or an altered item) using the colors: Pink, Grey, & Kraft.  Now add some sparkle, (rhinestones, glittle, metal) anything that shines!  And don't forget to include a heart shape.


I decided to make a couple of these fun little treat holders using the two tag die. HERE is a link to a tutorial for making this box. For mine I made one with basic gray and one with crumb cake card stock. the DSP I used is from the retired Love Impressions paper pack. I used the pinking hearts edge punch to make the trim along the edge of the designer paper.




I did sneak in a bit of red in the way of the wings one the birds which is made punched with the red glimmer paper. Of course you can see I used the bird punch  to make the decorations for front of my boxes. The sweet little music notes is from a tiny punch I found recently at a local store. Toooo Cute!!!
The sentiment is for the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. I matted those with some pink pirouette card stock. I added a small heart with a silver brad to the handle.
I filled a couple of cello bags with some kisses and tied them up with some pink ribbon. I think my sweet little neighbor ladies will get these for Valentine's!
Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog 
to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun challenge.
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

12 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

So cute! I love the little birds. I'll have to give these treat holders a try,

Wendy said...

Awww, these treat boxes are so cool & fun to make! I still have mine from last year!! :) Love the colors of these and how you displayed them!
Your neighbors will love them!
Happy Saturday! Miss ya! <3

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this are wonderful!!! Love the little birds and this holder is awesome!!! I'm sure your neighbour will love them!

Sharon Wheet said...

Vicki, you always make the most adorable crafts! I just love these little candy holders! The musical notes really finish the project!
Have a great weekend!

Marisa said...

These are great! Love the sparkly red wings on the birds and the notes. fabulous little goodie bags! Question: did the goodies on the inside survive the after party LOL!

Beth said...

These are beautiful Valentine's Day treats Vicki :) I love the glittery wing on the birds!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Vicki!
I like your treat holders and you have made them beautifully.
Your Pink Bows add a touch of romance and tie in well with your trim and Hearts. I am one of those people that like birds as an element,and these two are great.
Smiles:)

Marie said...

Great Valentine treat holders. The birds are adorable especially the red wing!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Vicki, these are so fabulous creatoins! I love how you attach the sentiment and the birdies are so adorable!!! ^_^

Tui Nathan said...

Your Valentine boxes are adorable Vicki ... it is so nice to see that bird punch again and you have used him so beautifully here ... love the sparkly wings!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Vicki!!! Love these Valentine treat holders. What a cool idea and they are so darling. How much fun would it be to receive one of these! Super job on the colors and even your candy wrappers are blingy - LOL!

Hope you've had an awesome weekend!

Hugs,
Linda

MarcyK924 said...

Ooo Vicki - I'm "Valenting" at your house! These baskets are so sweet! I LOVE anything with birds and music, so this project sings to me! Hugs, Marcy