Cards For Sale

Saturday, April 30, 2011

OCC....Thanks


Good Morning Peeps!! It is Saturday and that means it is time for another new challenge at Our Creative Corner.

This week our challenge hostess is the fabulous Jen Rzasa from Our Change of Art. Jen has challenged us to use Fabulous Floss! Embroidery floss is a versatile embellishment that can be used to jazz up your papercrafting. It's inexpensive, fun to use, and comes in every imaginable color. Don't be afraid to think beyond embroidery to incorporate floss into your next project!

I broke out a new stamp set, Stampin' Up Fabulous Florets for my card. I used some pretty in pink, crumb cake and very vanilla card stock. I stamped the stem silhouette onto the very vanilla with pear pizzazz ink. I then stamped three of the flowers onto very vanilla and colored them in with pretty in pink ink using my aqua painter. 

I wasn't sure how I wanted to incorporate my floss into the card but finally decided to go with just a few cross stitches along the edges. I used my piercing tool and mat pack to pierce the holes and then went in with my needle and three strands of the floss and made the stitches.  I added a button with more floss to the end of my sentiment piece. I added a basic pearl to the flower centers and the base and main image are both added to the card with dimesionals.  The DSP I used on here is from a retired pack and I don't remember the name.

I hope you’ll play along this week and have fun with this challenge! Be sure to check out the rest of the OCC design team creations! To play along, upload your creation to your blog or gallery, then leave a comment linking to your project over at Our Creative Corner so we can check it out. If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword: OCCC.

Well, that is all from me for now, Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

9 comments:

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hi Vicki, I love how your flowers pop! I hope you had fun with my challenge! Have a great weekend :)

Marisa said...

You flowers are gorgeous!! Remind me of the big peach coloured poppies that bloom in my garden. Lovely soft colours and the touch of stitching on the sides is perfect. Lovely card :)

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love the colouring on your flowers and the touches of stitching looks fabulous!

Wanda Cullen said...

Vicki, this is such a stunning card! Am loving that new flower! This is a good push for me to get out my stash of DMC thread from my old counted cross stitching days.

Shelly Schmidt said...

So pretty- love the soft colors!

Sarah Gough said...

Beautiful Vicki, I love the cross stitches!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Those flowers are magnificent! Love the pearl centers. I really like the way you did your random cross stitching too and the tilted main panel adds a little pizazz. Lovely card as always!

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

Created By you said...

Beautiful, Vicki! I love the X stitched accents and all the details!
Hugs,
Sharon F.

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful flowers! Love the subtle colors!