Cards For Sale

Saturday, September 19, 2009

WSC Baja Revisited



Good Saturday Morning Peeps!

Today's card is made with Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge.

I so loved and miss baja. It is one of my favorite colors of all time. I also loved the Parisian Speciality Paper from the last catalog . We just don't have any paper in the new catalog that compares to this one, in my opinion anyway. So for this card I pulled out these old in colors and paper and paired it up with some chocolate chip and the Friends 24-7 Stamp set.

The base is chocolate chip, followed by baja and then the DS paper. the next layer is chocolate chip and more of the DS paper. The main image is the beautiful damask from the stamp set. I stamped it with some baja ink and then used a sentiment from the Kind & Caring Thoughts stamp set, stamped with chocolate chip ink. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to get the placement of the sentiment where I wanted it. It was then matted with chocolate chip and then baja. This is mounted to the base with dimensionals. I added some non-SU white satin ribbon and a bow. The 24-7 is stamped with chocolate chip and punched out with my 1-1/4 inch circle punch, that has a rough spot on it and it leaves a rugged place on the circle!!! UGH!!! I then matted that with a 1-3/8 inch circle of chocolate chip and then finally layered onto a scallop circle of baja. I pierced the scallops with my piercing tool and mat pack. I also added a bit of piercing under the 24-7. I finished ups with some pretty sticky pearls, two on the damask piece and three on the chocolate layer.

Well, that is all for today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

15 comments:

Jaspere said...

Wow this is gorgeous and those colors are fabulous.

Lynn Put said...

So beautiful!!!

Candice said...

oh how pretty

Beate said...

Vicki, I LOVE your card. The paper is some of my all time favorite, so is the set you chose.
Thanks for playing! It's always a pleasure to see your take on the sketch.
Hugs and smiles

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful! Couldn't agree with you more-Parisian Breeze is one of my favorite DSP packs! I bought 2 pkgs before it retired!

Kim Pope said...

Beautiful card Vicky! Baja is one of my favs too.

mimiburroughs said...

Love this card!!! Beautiful!!!

Patty C said...

Lovely Card! I like your choice of colors too! =)

kareN stampZ said...

Absolutely stunning

Lynn said...

Beautiful! Baja is one of my all time favs too...the Parisian Breeze paper too.

Sue from Oregon said...

Wonderful and elegant!

Vera said...

I miss Baja Breeze, too! Your card is fabulous!

**Nancy** said...

Absolutely beautiful card!!! Love this color combo!

Dori Shelton said...

Beautiful card. The colors and image are exquisite.

Reina said...

Lovely card Vicki! I love the DP it's one of my fav's great job!!!!!!