Cards For Sale

Friday, September 18, 2009

K.I.S.S.



T.G.I.F. Peeps!

Today I have two cards to share with you. Both are made for the K.I.S.S. challenge on the Pals Paper Arts Blog. K.I.S.S. stands for Keep It Simple Sweetie.

I was very much inspired by these beauties made by Sharon Johnson.

I made my cards with whisper white and real red cardstock. I used two different embossing folders that I recently bought.



Both are really quick and easy. I wanted them to look somewhat elegant so I went looking through my Christmas Sets for some greetings with pretty font. The Season's Greetings comes from the "Snow Swirled" set. The "A Christmas Wish" comes from the "Home for Christmas" Set.



The bases of both cards are white, followed by real red and then the embossed layer. Each embossed layer has a frame that is perfect for the sentiment. I stamped each sentiment onto scrap white and then matted them with real red and attached that with some dimensionals to the base.

The only embellishment is some red organza ribbon, non SU.

Well, that is all for today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

22 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

One word, Vicki! GORGEOUS!

Dale Marie said...

How elegant, so gorgeous. Well Done!

Jacquel said...

Beautiful cards Vicki and love the embossing!!

Lois said...

Very elegant and beautiful. I can't believe there is no bling on them.

Sara said...

OMG Vicki, these are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

both are beautiful!

Margaret Moody said...

These are absolutely GORGEOUS, Vicki! I love them both! So simple but so beautiful! Love the sentiments, the embossing, the ribbon...everything! Both so very stunning!

Linda Callahan said...

These are so pretty and elegant! The embossing is classy!

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!

Teresa Kline said...

these are both gorgeous cards, very nice work!

enjoy *~*

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful cards! So simple and elegant. I love the embossing. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Rose said...

Love the embossing!

Linda said...

Wow Wow Wow!!! They are simply stunning....GREAT job!

Susan said...

I really like the less is more look of these cards.
They are stunning in their simplicity!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Congratulations!

You have been chosen as a Pals Paper Artist Pick for your design this
week! You have earned the Pals Paper Artist Pick Badge to display on
your blog.

For the HTML code for the Artist Pick Badge, please email us at palspaperarts@gmail.com.

Thank you for playing at PPA this week!


PPA Design Team

Reina said...

Lovely card Vicki.
Congrads on the award. You deserve it and many more. See you at SAS

Anonymous said...

How lovely are both cards. What embossing folders did you use?

Barbara

Unknown said...

Congrats on your PPA Award! You deserve it. These cards are beautiful. I think I just found my Christmas card design for this year!! Thanks!

Amanda said...

Congrats on your PPA award. Beautiful classy card.....

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous! Congrats!

Mary Fish said...

Stunning, simple, creative. Congrats on having the PPA Honor for the week. Charming blog design, too! Hugs, Mary

TrishG said...

These are both incredibly gorgeous!! Love the colors. Love the embossed background.