Cards For Sale

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mojo Pinecones



Good Tuesday Morning Peeps! It is a cool rainy day here in southwest Missouri.

Today's card is made with the Mojo Monday Sketch.

This one was a tuffy! I wanted to make a Christmas type card with the pine cone stamp from the Autumn Days set. It is sooo cute.

So I started by inking up my image with always artichoke and used my chocolate chip marker to color in the branch. I stamped it onto some white card stock. I then stamped it again with chocolate chip craft ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I cut out just the pine cones and mounted them over the original with some dimensionals.

I tied a small bow with some 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon and added to the stem of the branch with a glue dot. The image is then matted with always artichoke and real red card stock.

The base of the card is always artichoke and that is followed by whisper white and then the DS paper is from the retired Wintergreen pack. I made the circles at the bottom with real red and white cardstock, I ran them through the cuttlebug with the swiss dot embossing folder. I punched them out with my 1-3/8 inch circle punch. I ran a small piece of real red across the top of the circles and then used the white organza ribbon across that. I tied a bow and mounted it with some glue dots. I punched a few "leaves" from the MS punch and added them under the bow. The main image is then added with some dimensionals. I like how the DS paper matches the angels of the image panel, made it easy to line it up!

Well, that is all for today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Jenn in GA said...

i don't even know what the sketch looks like, but this card is AMAZING! the use of the 1.75" circle punch like that is completely original, out of the box thinking, and it's FANTASTIC!

thanks for sharing how you did everything that makes this card stellar. can you tell i like it?

Rose said...

Very pretty card, Vicki!

Wendy J. said...

Simply beautiful, Vicki! Love it!

Denise Marzec said...

STUNNING! Absolutely STUNNING!

Debbie Henderson said...

Vicki, love the simplicity you pulled off making this card so elegant! It's beautiful!

Reina said...

This is a beauty! Love it.

Tammy said...

Very Pretty

Sue Lelli said...

Your Mojo pinecones are Mojo cool! LOVE the colors and the background paper just sets it all off. Great bow!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card, vicki. and you did a great job with the mojo sketch

Rhonda Langley said...

Another beautiful card! I love all the layers and the embossed pine cones are a nice touch!

Andrea M said...

So pretty! Great job with the sketch :)