Cards For Sale

Monday, June 8, 2009

Hello There



Good Monday afternoon Peeps!!! I am still having camera problems, I need a new one but with me being un-employed, it really is not in the budget right now, If you have one for sell or know of one for sell, has to be very reasonably priced, please let me know! I really hesitate to even post my card, because my pictures are on the "awful" side, but I don't want to not update my blog.

My card today is made for the Weekend Sketch Challenge #84, hosted this week by the Fabulous Laurie Schmidlin.

I wanted top use some of the retiring in-colors, I started with some pacific blue cardstock, 4-1/4 by 8-1/2 inches, folded in half. Followed by some summer sun that I used my lace edge punch on the bottom. My three strips are made with kiwi and Good Morning Sunshine Paper. I stamped the bird from Cheep Talk with pacific point and I used my summer sun marker to color the legs and beak.

stamped the "Hello There" was stamped with pacific and cut out and mounted with a dimensional. The "My Fabulous Friend" is from the Really Retro set and was also stamped with Pacific Point ink and punched out with the word window punch. I added two white brads at the top corners. The bird and summer sun mat was cut with my nesties and cuttlebug.

Well, that is all for today, Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

12 comments:

Jenn in GA said...

quit apologizing for the quality of your pics! i've seen WAY worse, i.e. out of focus, on SCS, and yours are fine. you're making the wise choice not to go outside your budget and get a camera you can't afford right now, so don't worry about us. we'll still be here enjoying your work!

speaking of, what kind of work are you going to look for when you strike out next week or in a few weeks?

Unknown said...

how cute, I like it.

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

I agree with the previous comment, your photos are not bad. I live in southern Illinois and have probably had very similar weather as what you are having and I find it almost impossible to photograph on days like we have had today. Sometimes I have better luck if I take it outside. Don't get discouraged, I still enjoy your work.

Jacquel said...

Love your card Vicki! I don't think the pic is too bad though we're always our own worst critics! Take care...

Tammy said...

Super cute! I'll miss this DSP!

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Vicki!!! You KNOW I love that stamp set and DP! hehe!

carol h said...

your pics have been great, as always. Hard to mess up such beautiful cards. I love this one, i'll be sad to see this paper go also. TFS

kareN stampZ said...

I agree the card looks fine (more than fine - it's lovely!!) Please keep posting.

Rhonda Langley said...

Great card! Love the "hello there"-nice cutting! The photo is fine-I have a nice camera but not so nice lighting in my basement. Your photo looks better than mine!!

Sara said...

Too cute, and your pic is just fine!

Nancy Riley said...

Vicki, your gorgeous cards don't need a fancy camera ... they are brilliant no matter what the picture quality !!!! (and the quality really isn't that bad!).

Cyber hugs~
Nancy

Jaspere said...

This turned out great. I especially love how you have the words coming out of the birds mouth. Great idea.