Cards For Sale

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

2 Cards 1 Sweet Sketch



Happy Hump Day Peeps! Hope your week is going well.

Today I have two cards to show you, both done with the same Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge On Karen Giron's Blog, The Sweetest Thing.

I love to take a sketch and do it twice with different stamps, papers and accessories. it really shows the versatility of the sketch and shows off our DS paper so well.

First up is actually the second one I made, but my favorite. I used the Trendy Trees Stamp set and some kiwi kiss, riding hood red and basic black and Rockabilly DS paper. I stamped the trees with kiwi and riding hood red ink and used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the trunks. I used the three flower punch for my flowers, punched with riding hood red. I added silver brads to the centers and to the top corners.

The sentiment panel is stamped with chocolate chip ink onto white and layered with kiwi. The ends are made with the curly label punch. The center panel and sentiment are up on dimensionals.

This next one is made with the Cheep Talk Stamp set and I used the Good Morning Sunshine DS paper along with some Pacific Point, whisper white and chocolate chip card stock.


I added some of the fun corduroy brads in summer sun and pacific and some chocolate chip grosgrain.

The branch is stamped with kiwi and chocolate chip ink and the bird is pacific and summer sun. The sentiment is also stamped with pacific ink.

Well, that is all for today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!

Vicki

9 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Wowwee! I love these cards and love how different they look with the sketch. Two of my most favorite stamp sets too :)

Becky said...

These are so cute, I just love the buttons.

Lois said...

Love both of your cards. I can't believe what all you come up with. I would think your head would hurt or you'd have lack of sleep with all these ideas in your itty bitty head....LOLROF j/k....you know I love ALL your creativity.

See you Saturday.

Dawn Easton said...

I LOVE these Vicki!!! Both are FANTASTIC girl!

Andrea said...

I love both of your cards. I will be so sad when the Rockabilly paper is gone....I love it.

Sara said...

oh my goodness, they are both so cute. I'm drawn to the polka dots though-they are my fave! I love how you do each one 2 ways.

Nancy Riley said...

There you go again! ... creating ADORABLE, INSPIRING designs! I love BOTH of these! I created a card tonight and couldn't get the second card out of my head! See my case on my blog!

Lauren said...

Wow. These are gorgeous. xx

Jaspere said...

FABULOUS! Both cards are great and have such a wonderful design and are so vibrant. Love them both.