Cards For Sale

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Welcome Baby




Hello Peeps! It's Saturday and the weather is great and SAS is this afternoon, all is good!!!


Today's card is a cute little baby card made with the DS paper and ribbon from SAB.

Yesterday while blog surfing I visited Toy's Haven. One of my all time favorite stampers and a really sweet person! Holly is a Stamping Rock Star. And speaking of Rock stars yesterday she had a sneak peek of some fun new stamps soon to be released by Our Craft Lounge. I simply fell in love with her cards, especially this one. I love the colors and the design.

My card today is based on that design. I used her layout and the same MS edge punches, just changed the colors to fit my baby card.

Not alot of stamping on this one, the sail boat is made with a circle punch and a couple of rectangle pieces of card stock cut at angles. I have seen this done alot around splitcoast and blogland. The colors I used are bashful blue, certainly celery and so saffron. The designer paper is from the new SAB pack as is the certainly celery twill ribbon. That ribbon is really nice, has a great feel and ties well.

The sentiment is from the SU set short and sweet and is stamped in black and punched out with the word window punch and is mounted on dimensionals. Alot of paper piercing done with my piercing tool and mat pack. The sailboat is also on dimensionals and I punched three circles with my 1/4" punch out of bashful blue and use some saffron brads in the middle and mounted them under the ribbon knot.

Well, that is all for today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

6 comments:

Beth said...

This is a wonderful Baby card Vicki! I love these colours together and your sailboat is so cute!

Holly aka Toy said...

awww, Vicki! First, you give me way too much credit! LOL...

Your card is just too flippin' adorable. I LOVE baby cards, but no one around me is having babies anymore :(... we are all waiting for grandchildren! haha!

Thanks for the plug, though! You are the SWEET one!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! It's amazing hoe a few simple shapes can be used to create an image - it's a reminder to me that it doesn't have to be complicated.

Lori Craig said...

This is darling, Vicki! Love the clean lines and darling sailboat image. :)

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this baby card is so adorable! I love the DP and your edges are awesome!

Sharon said...

What a beautiful card!! All the paper piercing really adds a special touch!