Cards For Sale

Monday, August 3, 2015

Paper Players......Happy Birthday


Happy Monday peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the challenge this week at The Paper Players.


I love to make a square card. 
My finished size on this one is 5 by 5.

I often get emails asking if all my cards are always so pretty?
 Definitely NOT!!
Some will say that I make it look easy and ask how do I always hit it out of the park every time? 

While I do not agree that I "hit it out of the park" all that often I do know that practice helps, I stamp most every day, you do not see all that goes in the trash pile, I am such a card stock waster, I generally need to see colors and DSP together to see if I like it. So much of my paper gets cut and laid together to see if it is pleasing to my eye, and if I don't like, I put it aside and try something else.

This card is CASE IN POINT.

I like the finished product here, but I spent over 3 hours at my craft table when I sat down to make to make a card with this challenge.
I started out with a completely different stamp set than what I ended up with here and a totally different color combo.
Yesterday when I was creating had been a stressful day and I was hot and tired and really just not feeling the best and I think all that added to the fact that I could not get anything to work.

My card ended up fairly clean and simple. 
Which was about all I could muster up after making several failed attempts at other cards.

I feel like I get stuck in the flower rut too much, people say I can do flower type cards like no other and sometimes it makes me feel bad. Like I am a one trick pony. I guess I just tend to stay withing my comfort zone. LOL!


My card uses the Watercolor Wings stamp set and the sentiment is from the Cottage Greetings stamp set.
I used white, Crumb Cake and Calypso Coral card stock. The butterfly is stamped with Calypso Coral and Blushing Bride inks.
I added silver sequins and silver ribon and thread for my embellishments,

Thanks for stopping by and for listening to my ramblings.

HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki



.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Wendy said...

SO pretty, Vicki! Love the butterflies, the square card, the beautiful colors and all the eye catching embellishments! Just fabulous!!!! :)