Cards For Sale

Monday, March 16, 2015

Curtain Call.......Happy Easter


Happy Monday Peeps!

Today I am sharing card I made using the challenge Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.


I started by making my BG piece. I am obsessed with this technique. I used some water color paper and distressed inks. The colors I used are Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar. I used lots of water to keep these colors very pastel. I love the look.

The main image are some stamps from Lawn Fawn called Eggsrta Special Day. I stamped the images onto somewhite card stock and colored with my distress ink pads. I used my Wink of Stella pen to color with like using a blender pen. The image is so sparkly IRL.


I used the same colors as above plus Spiced Marmalade and Dusty Concord. The basket is painted with Stampin Up's Crumb Cake ink pad.
The bow and the egg with the jelly beans falling out of are stamped onto some scrap paper, colored, cut out and added to the image with some foam tape.
The sentiment is stamped with the Peacock Feathers ink. 
The image is matted with some Pretty In Pink card stock, the very last piece I could find. I need to find some more of this ASAP. I added the image to my water colored BG with more foam tape and tilted it slightly cos I love wonky panels!! :)
The base of the card is white and then a layer of pink card stock and then another layer of white.
I then added some bakers twine and a few iridescent sequins to finish it up!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous Easter card! Your background reminds me of cotton candy!

Maria said...

Beautiful Easter card with basket of eggs and the jelly beans! Wonderful water colored background, too!