Cards For Sale

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Splitcoast Color Challenge.....Birthday Wishes


Happy Tuesday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the color challenge this week at SplitCoastStampers.


The colors to use are Bermuda Bay, Pool Party and Calypso Coral. the dessert option is water coloring.

I pulled out my Stampin Up single stamp called Sweetbriar Rose. I love this vintage beauty! I did sneak another color into my card that is not in the challenge, I used some Pear Pizzazz for my leaves.
The image is stamped onto some water color paper with black stazon and colored using my aqua painter and ink pads. I used Calypso Coral for the rose and then Pear Pizzazz for the leaves. I colored around the image with Pool Party ink and then darkened it up using the Bermuda Bay ink.
I stamped the flower image a few more times to layer it up. This technique is called Paper Tole and I really love the effect.
Here is a side shot where you can see the layers better. 


The base of the card is Pool Party and then I used a layer of Bermuda Bay. The next layer is another piece of Pool Party that I embossed with the Perfect Dot EF. I then added a small bit of DSP from the Flashback paper pack.

I then cut a large flag using more Bermuda Bay card stock. I added the image piece to the front using dimensionals.


The sentiment is from the retired Occasional Quotes stamp set and is added under the raised leaves, don't you like the leaves hanging over the sentiment piece like that?
I added a few tiny basic pearls around the flowers and to the flower centers. It really adds some sparkle IRL.  The pic does not do the pearls justice. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki


4 comments:

vickie said...

I love your work & wonder if you teach classes. And if so, would you be willing to travel?

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, this is GORGEOUS! I love it!! Hugs!

Barbara Axmacher said...

Your cards are just beautiful. Every time! I envy your coloring/shading skills.

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Vicki,
Oh, I think this card is a beauty, one of your best!
And now I KNOW that I must order that set. Thanks for inspiring!